Christmas idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Dot you were only six minutes short of midnight when you posted!!! Well calculated.

My mum also added that Boxing Day was the day apprentices would take a box around to the householders and get tips put in the box. This was in England in the 30/40's. Can't see this happening now though.

I'm about to head off to my aunt's about 30 mins from here for the leftovers dinner. Had lunch with my mum at her house and brought her back to my joint. Today has been the second hottest Christmas Day in Perth. The hottest was on Christmas Day 1967. I was a couple of weeks short of being born for that one, so today is the hottest Christmas Day that I have lived through. And let me tell you, it feels it! Tonight the minimum is going to be something like 23C which I believe is the perfect maximum temperature!!!!

Hope you are all enjoying your Christmas now and I will catch up with you all later!! Don't over eat!! ;-)

Bilby, that 23C is only a few off what our max was here in Brisbane. I think we hit something like 28C, coolest Christmas Day in about 10 years I think. No matter, at least it assisted with the hot lunch we had, and didn't sweat it out as much as I thought we would!

Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day with their loved ones, and didn't overeat.... at least too much.

And bring on the Boxing Day sales tomorrow - can't wait!!

I wanted to stop by and wish everyone happy holidays. I have some cooking to do but most is fairly taken care of. I do plan on making storage and moving furniture in the living room as that needs to take place.

Happy Holidays everyone!

:chef:

Last edited:
dh is working today so we did our Christmas celebrations yesterday. Santa made a special early trip to our house. :LOL: I will be in and out of dc today.

We had a fun day yesterday. Presents and a walk down to the beach while the turkey was cooking. Turkey was tough though. I think it was just the bird. I've done the recipe enough times that it'd be very hard for me to mess it up. I always get my turkey from the same place and have always been very happy with it, except for this year.

We played with the kids and put them to bed. Then dh and I watched 3 episodes of 24 from last season. Aidan woke up and wanted to sleep with his dad, so I went into sleep with the little one (I suppose he's getting to be not so little anymore, how bout littler one?). He climbed up on my chest, said "hi mom," and fell asleep. :wub:

I love those kids.

Merry Christmas!!!

We had our Christmas with all the kids on Saturday, as that was best for the out-of-town ones, but we'll have a special Christmas dinner with my daughter and her family this evening. Everything is prepared and ready to stick in the oven, except for the scalloped potatoes, which won't take but a few minutes to prepare. The oven will be full, so I'll pop them in the microwave.

I hope you're all having a good Christmas day!

Have a good session Kadesma and a merry Christmas too! It is often a fun session (well here it was) with the nurses giving out bits of the forbidden fruit cake or chocolates. I tried to get them to swing to a bottle of bubbly instead but they just weren't into that idea!!!:-p
Had a great session Bilby, our center is full of wonderful caring nurses and aides.. you feel more like a family than being in a place to be taken care of because you are ill. I took a ton of different cookies for everyone and they passed around coffee and tea for us..It was fun and we all left with a happy smile.:)
kadesma

Buck and I are happy campers. We had a delightful present-opening session this morning after a tasty "special" Christmas morning breakfast. We've talked to all 5 of our children and their families and I've spoken to all of my siblings. Our Christmas dinner was perfect and all our kitties are having a wonderful time licking out the the pans that held the remnants of our turkey dinner.

I'm being loved by and purred at by our new little Sally. Life is good. Merry Christmas to all.

Back
Top Bottom