Complaint about the new ad campaigns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
I absolutely HATE the ads that expand to cover part or most of the page.
The little CLOSE tab is a pain in the a** to hit. Invariably, I have to close down a pop up page because I missed.

And those FLOATING ads that wander across the screen are even worse.

I have to say that if DiscussCooking is that hard up for funding I will be happy
to pay $10 a year to not have to see these ads.

Not that the PTB probably much care, but these type ads WILL cause me to visit here MUCH less than I usually do.

rant over.

GrillingFool, what browser do you use? The AdBlock add on for Firefox works for me on our PC.

I hate those ads too. I don't know if much can be done though. I'll make sure Andy sees this thread. Thanks for the feedback.

GrillingFool,

We should not have any floaters but they did mention running one ad per 24 hours that would be expanded when the page loads and then a few seconds later it automatically contracts. That expanded view is supposed to be just once per day.

Can you take some screen shots of the ads so that I can speak with the ad agency to get them to turn them off? That would be much appreciated!

Andy

Last edited:
I was having some problems loading pages with certain ads - would have to refresh up to 10 times. Got very frustrating. It seems to have corrected itself somehow and pages are loading normally but I still get the ads (which I just ignore)

Back
Top Bottom