"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I like the new look, and I especially love the pull-down menus, but I hate the green. What I would prefer to see are the two shades of blue in the new one, plus a darker, complimentary shade of blue, rather than that nasty green.

As far as changing to Firefox, I recently had to do that anyway because my IE was constantly crashing. I tried Opera first, and loved it, but since I can't use my Roboform with it, I switched to Firefox. I've used IE for years and loved it, but now I love Firefox. It really doesn't seem that different from the latest IE. The main difference I see is how you open new tabs.

Barbara

Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
Sous Chef

I am a luddite, and am using v1. I have Firefox, so I don't get popups, and I have adblocker plus, which I turn off for this site. I assume you get paid for advertising hits on your page, and would rather see you get the penny a click, or whatever it is, if that is the case. The new colors are a bit difficult for me, and the right panel was a tad too busy. I guess I am just slow to accept change.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
love the new layout, and yeah i'm gonna say it, i love the color scheme too. (ducks) i do think the right sidebar is too *thick* in that it cramps down on the size of the box being shown for posts in the thread. i like the latest posts info that the right bar contains, though, so maybe make that a pulldown?

thanks for all your hard work, guys!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
Master Chef

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LIKE it!!! :)
Old 03-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
Hi Alix,
I'll be the first to jump in here. The new skin is just to bright, while the old skin being laid out with the blue is a lot easier on my eyes. The flashing ads are very distracting.
I find it hard to tell if someone else is on DC by the light or dot under their username. The orange is too dim. The green is more prominent.
On a positive note I do love the new logo in the top left hand corner of the cutting board and tomatoes. I truly look forward to my time here on DC. There is a great group of members here and everyone is very helpful.
I did go to edit. and get rid of the ads flashing that really is a blessing.
I do not know if this has been addressed, but if you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. then go down to Multimedia and uncheck Play animations and you won't see those blinking, flashing lights and any other stuffs that move in your browser.

Hope this helps.
Tucker's Mom aka Cooper's Mom

--Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Cooper'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
Executive Chef

I cannot stand, in all honestly, the "cartoon" look of the quoted text. That bugs me ALMOST more than the checks and the green. The big quotes look like something stolen from Wikipedia and I can't stand that site. It's just all too much for me. Thank goodness for the old option.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #17
Executive Chef

The brightness is mostly what I didn't like. I"d probably have to wear sunglasses if I kept it, but I switched back and am satisfied.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Props to ya on the facelift. :D As far as the likablity of the color goes, ya can't please everyone. Even though I personally like the color scheme, I find the white text on the yellowey-green difficult to read. If you want to keep the yellowey-green color, can/will you at least make the text in it a different color with enough contrast to make it more legible (but not too bright of a color to where it won't scream at the eyeball...lol)? Nice job with the white text on the orange, that works well.

Thanks for listening,
Jessica Carr