Did anyone else get kicked out this afternoon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so glad that I wasn't here then!! I would have gone nuts!! I was with the youngest ds getting him a new truck. I'm glad that everything is back to normal, well, as normal as it gets around there anyway:LOL: :wacko:

I was having problems with the system too. I would get notified of a message and when I got there I couldn't find it. So I went to another post that the person who sent me the mystery post and replyed through that way. I could even see the mystery post when I scrolled down, while I was in the text editor area. That was the only way I could find it.

I got in touch with GB, as it was on one of his forums that it first happened (it has happened elsewhere since) and he recommened that I clear my cache. I did that and got good results. That is not very scientific however, because it could have been just by happenstance at the same time as I cleared my cache. Anyway I now have my "Fox" clear it's cache everytime I close it down. IE has something similar. Something about "checking for new versions of stored pages" I have that set on Automatic. (tools - Internet options - General tab in the middle of the page Temperary internet files last button on the right settings

Hope this can help?:hammer: @#%! :censored: Computers! But how could we live without them???

mudbug said:
mish, did you get the PM I sent you?

Thanks, Mud. Just got it. Will RSVP when I read. Thank you. :) It just wasn't going back to the site to view. Didn't forget cha.:)

Same thing happened to me today, database error, I only refreshed once and then kept check back now and then.

I hate to admit this, but I don't know how to clear the cache. Is there another name for this that may be more familiar?

Licia, it depends on which web browser you are using. Different browsers call it different things. Are you using Internet Explorer?

mudbug said:
no, Alix. I read it originally in the Fish and Seafood forum, but when I go the the page for Discuss Cooking Forums - there it is, listed under the Road Food one.

Tres weird.
I was in the process of moving that thread from Road Food to Fish when I started having problems. Maybe that is part of the reason it was acting funky.

Yes, GB, I am using Internet Explorer. DH has been doing something to the computer - I had to log in at everything I've tried to do. Sometimes it starts to get slow for no apparent reason. I suppose he was working on that.

Licia if you look at the top of your IE window you will see some options (File, Edit, View, etc.). Click on Tools and then Internet Options. That will open a box. In the middle of that box will be something called Temorary Internet Files and there will be three buttons (Delete Cookies, Delete Files, Settings). Click on delete files and then click on OK when the box pops up. You can do the same for cookies if you want. It is good to do this every once in a while as it will keep things running smoother. Thing of it similar to cleaning out the fridge :LOL:

Thanks. I don't know if it is my imagination or it really happened, but it seems a little faster now.

Your discription is much more like a recipe for cooking GB. :chef:

Licia: It is no supprise that things work smoother, the fridge is now clean. :cool:

licia said:
Thanks. I don't know if it is my imagination or it really happened, but it seems a little faster now.
It is not your imagination at all. As you surf the web you computer saves a lot of junk. Over time it really adds up. That junk can slow things down and make things not work right. An occasional cleaning like you just did will make things better :)

I haven't been able to get onsite here today unless I come in thru a "back door" - i.e. via an e-mail that someone has replied to a thread I've posted on. Otherwise I get a "site unavailable" message.

Hang in there Breezy, you're not alone...With the great people who run this for us it will be fine soon.
kadesma:)

It seems to have stopped now. Who knows - it could just as easily be something at my end. I'm a complete techno-idiot, so when something goes awry, I'm completely lost - lol!!

Back
Top Bottom