Discuss Cooking Summer Newsletter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
“SUMMERTIME, AND THE LIVIN' IS EASY”

Ahh, the summer! Time to relax, kick back, and enjoy life. This issue of the newsletter highlights many aspects of the season basically revolving around food. This IS a Discuss Cooking Newsletter after all! So grab a pitcher of lemonade or Ice Tea and enjoy the fruits (and vegetables, meats, etc.) of the season.

Click Here to View the Summer Newsletter!

In this issue we have:

• We asked the members what their all time favorite summer food was and results might surprise you.
  • Member spotlight on MexicoKaren and she shares an amazing Mexican Meatball recipe with us.
  • GB talks Ceviche (a Latin American dish)
  • KitchenElf shares an unconventional white sangria drink recipe
  • Cooking to Stay Cool by our member Bugs
  • Enjoying Summer Sundays
  • Summer Weddings
Here is another link to the newsletter: View attachment NewsletterSummer2009.pdf

Last edited:
Don't you mean you have asked the mods?

LOL, Well that's all good, I think my fav summer time dish would be A good dog with all the trimmings along with a beer and chips!

Don't you mean you have asked the mods?
Nope he meant we asked the members. A poll was posted here on 5/8/09.

The newsletter looks great. Thanks to everyone who participated. There will be more opportunity to participate on the next one for anyone who is interested.

Didn't see this in the results so far so it must be aggregated somewhere. But my favorite is ribs either beef or pork. They can be a bit of effort but it's worth it in the end. Aged with a good dry rub, smoked or grilled (or both) and finished with a great sauce. Ummm Finger licken heaven Combine this with some good grilled corn, maybe some salad, complement with great sour dough and finish with fresh fruit. How can you beat that?

Didn't see this in the results so far so it must be aggregated somewhere. But my favorite is ribs either beef or pork. They can be a bit of effort but it's worth it in the end. Aged with a good dry rub, smoked or grilled (or both) and finished with a great sauce. Ummm Finger licken heaven Combine this with some good grilled corn, maybe some salad, complement with great sour dough and finish with fresh fruit. How can you beat that?

The results can be found both in the newsletter and at the link GB noted above.

Bugs, I love s'mores - unfortunately they give me migraine headaches (the chocolate). So if you ate my share you would be doing me a really big favour! :rolleyes:
Try using dark chocolate, The normal chocolate may contain a chemical your brain does't like, and I've heard that dark chocolate is suppost to be %90 pure or pur period.

I use Lindt squares, they come in different flavors, with home made marshmallows. mmmmm.... especially with grand marnier marshmallows and the dark chocolate with orange.

thanks for the edit.
Nope, wouldn't even compare peeps to my home made grand marnier marshmallows. yuck.

Try using dark chocolate, The normal chocolate may contain a chemical your brain does't like, and I've heard that dark chocolate is suppost to be %90 pure or pur period.

Thanks, Derek.
I do allow myself some dark/bittersweet chocolate once in awhile and savour it like you wouldn't believe. In fact it is the only chocolate I cook with - unless an order calls for something different. Ask Barbara L. about my stash in the fireplace some time :LOL:

I just wanted Bugs to have more s'mores!;)

Back
Top Bottom