Does DC have Chat Rooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamondhbe

Assistant Cook
hello new to this club and have a stuppied question. is there a open chat room where everyone chats or do we only chat by topic or question?? im not the best with computers but love to cook and trying to learn a few new things

Last edited:
There is no chatrooms on here as Andy M. mentioned. I think for this site, forums work best. If you have a question about specific foods, there are forums for anything you can think of. If you have a question or concern to specific to a member you can PM them or the admin/helpers.

I'm afraid if there were 'chat rooms', we'd not be as close as we all are. By having a forum, everyone is invited to join in the fun, and we all can look back at all the archived talk.

jkath said:
I'm afraid if there were 'chat rooms', we'd not be as close as we all are. By having a forum, everyone is invited to join in the fun, and we all can look back at all the archived talk.

I agree with you.

jkath said:

I'm with jkath and the z........ditto for me.

I also agree this format is better than a chat room;if you have a question you come back and someone has solved your problem or answered you question.

Diamondhbe said:
hello new to this club and have a stuppied question. is there a open chat room where everyone chats or do we only chat by topic or question?? im not the best with computers but love to cook and trying to learn a few new things

Welcome to DC, Diamondhbe.

No question is stupid. Ask away.

As I recall, quite awhile back, the subject of a chat was being considered... but don't recall seeing any finalization to the topic.

Queries/posts are posted instantaniously, & members are very good about jumping in to help one another. Members can pm one another and exchange email addresses as well.

An on-line chat might be fun. Probably may depend upon what the administration decides & perhaps if the majority of members would like the feature.

mish said:
As I recall, quite awhile back, the subject of a chat was being considered... but don't recall seeing any finalization to the topic.
Yes it was something we were considering a while back. Some day we still may try it, but as of right now we just want to focus on making the existing site work as well as it can.

i would like to see a live chat room.

it's easier to be funny in real time.

if we do go that route someday, i would strongly suggest that it is moderated, and require member log in, complying to the same rules that govern the forum.

if you'd like to waste some time, go to the epi live chat room. it gets ugly very often because anyone can say anything as an anonymous poster.
the only people that go there anymore are the same few regulars that get nasty with anyone who doesn't fit in their circle. they even get nasty, anonymously of course, with each other. it's a really sick little world that the regulars seem to enjoy.
i ran into trouble there - not hard to figure - but what got me was they actually said that i didn't seem to understand that chatting with them was "like going into their small town bar". i didn't show the people who had chatted there for several years the respect they felt they deserved, continuously. who are they kidding? this is the internet, ya know? a worldwide thing that constantly changes and grows. if you aren't open and welcoming to all people (like we are here), then you really are a small town bar of ignorant, small minded people.

I like the way things are now but... I can't see the harm in having a chat room also.

Back
Top Bottom