Favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you want "Favorits" section here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Do you have favorits on your PC? i'm sure you do. I'm sure many of us use it on the regular bases. Wouldn't it be nice to have one on this site? You see the thread you really like, the one that has an exelent recipe, the one that made you laugh, the one that had everybodys name in, the one you simply want to be able to get to any time, without going thru search, thru endless list of Subscriptions, you add that thread to your Favorits. Then it is there for good.

I was looking for "pierogy" thread the other day, well apperently there is more than one, if it was in my favorits all it would take is one click.

I say, lets add Favorits here.

I was thinking the same thing just a few days ago.
It'll save me from having to search old threads that aren't coming up in the user CP.
Or threads with things I want to use but can never find again.
Like that snow ice cream thread.
By the time it snows, i will have forgotten about it, or lost it.

Doesn't really matter to me as I just go to user cp, members photos and new posts......if I need a recipe I just use the search and type in the ingredient. .............anyone care to buy my vote :LOL:

Another useful tool would be a Recipe File, where you could save the recipes you like right on this site, in your Home folder. :)

I don't know anything about VB or anyother programing. I just know that on the other food site I go to they have "Favorits" and it's great. I do not like the recipe idea because it is the thread/threads that I'm interested in.

ChefJune said:
Another useful tool would be a Recipe File, where you could save the recipes you like right on this site, in your Home folder. :)
This idea is something we have discussed and hope to add to the site in the near future. We just need to find some time to sit down and figure out the best way to do it.

Last edited:
Personally, I am not fond of recipe box. Simply because it is redundant. I already have recipe, well not box, but the folder, where I keep all the recipes, from all over the place. I do not see the need of having one on each site I go to and have another/separate one for my own, or my mom’s, or my grandma’s, or my aunt’s recipes.

I sure like the recipe box idea. I have a problem searching...often I can't remember the exact name of the recipe, and even if I do, it still takes a lot of searching. As it is, I copy and store my favorite in my recipe files (a thing I created on my PC).
I also like the idea of "favorite threads". That's something I wouldn't store in my recipe files.

Whatever you all can do. This is a fine site as is, and I'd like to express my thanks to the administrators.

Back
Top Bottom