Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constance, can you explain? It was great for me a few hours ago and now 1/3 is the side bar and the actual forum is totally squished. Maybe we should post screen caps of what we're seeing because what I'm seeing is bordering on giving me a headache.

Constance, can you explain? It was great for me a few hours ago and now 1/3 is the side bar and the actual forum is totally squished. Maybe we should post screen caps of what we're seeing because what I'm seeing is bordering on giving me a headache.
The same for me, so can I assume it will be for everyone

I get 2/3 of my screen for posts ... others wise I'm seeing "Latest Forum Topics" and "Recent Recipe Discussions" headers on the side. I'm not liking it; I hit "New Posts" for exactly that same information.

I am not taken to either topic automagically, nor am I given an option to choose to display either of them. I guess that is why I find it irritating that that stuff is taking up 1/3 of my screen.

:heart:
Z

Andy is trying to improve the site. He's not intentionally trying to give anyone a headache :LOL:

Be patient while we work through this and see what is best. Keep us informed of your likes and dislikes. Just know we're not "out ot get you" with these changes....:devilish:

I've already reported one of the issues I've seen, links in spammers first posts, and not just the signatures. That should be one to address immediately. While my daughter wears Nikes, I would never buy them from someone spamming a website :LOL:

I've already reported one of the issues I've seen, links in spammers first posts, and not just the signatures. That should be one to address immediately. While my daughter wears Nikes, I would never buy them from someone spamming a website :LOL:

You're talking about a whole different issue here Callisto. A true spammer knows how to get around every rule there is. There's ultimately nothing we can do BEFORE they post...only after.

Let's not get spamming the site mixed up with the improvements to the site.

If the sidebar was half the size it is now, I think it would be perfect! I really like the drop downs at the top and the new colors are really nice.

Wow! I just got home and logged on. Nice!!! Those ads on the right side are kind of annoying. If we could get rid of them with donations to the site I would definitly be in.

Those ads on the right side are kind of annoying. If we could get rid of them with donations to the site I would definitly be in.
I am working a way to disable the whole right column. I hope to have this in place soon.

Never mind, I found the skins option. Thank you Andy for the skins option. I can't do bright, I don't do bright. I like being able to stay with the familiar.

To see the whole display screen:
go to/START/Control Panel/Display/Settings
Set the resoluation to 1152 X 824.

Of course the TEXT will be very small and hard on these old eyeballs!

A screen resoluation of 1924 X 728 will get most of the display but, not all.
Play with it!!

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom