"Friends"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Can someone explain this to me? Because I'm totally in the dark, even after doing several searches & going through the FAQ's here.

Several people have invited me to become "Friends", & I graciously accepted, but frankly, I have no idea what that means or what that is. I'm assuming it's different from just PM's?

I'm pretty sure it's like a, he who dies with the most toys, kind of thing. People ask, I say yes, but I don't see the advantage or benefit yet.
I keep waiting for the envelopes with a dollar in them, but they just ain't coming.
:LOL:

Woa that was weird......didn't I just say the same thing Pacanis!! :LOL: You reading my PM's Suzi???:ermm::ermm::LOL:

Just cuz the moderators said they weren't reading our PMs....
Doesn't mean they haven't planted one among us :ermm:

:LOL::LOL:

Dang!!!!
I've been found out!!!!! :angel:
(figured I better respond before anyone thinks I'm ignoring :LOL::LOL:)

I just think of it as someone saying, "Hey I really enjoy what you have to say and I enjoy your personality, can I be your friend??"

Breezy - it's just proclaiming friendship. It doesn't "do" anything. You can befriend someone or they can befriend you. You simply accept, if you want to. Messages can be posted on their personal blog-style space whether you are friends or not.

THANKS!! That's all I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do something else & these folks were sitting around harrumphing because I hadn't - lol!!! :)

THANKS!! That's all I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do something else & these folks were sitting around harrumphing because I hadn't - lol!!! :)

Yes. Every time you accept a friendship request you are supposed to toss a bit of salt over your left shoulder.
;)

I almost forgot the part where when you accept a friendship request you should be standing on your head at the time :ermm:

Lol! Okay, okay - I'm sorry that I'm a computer/techno idiot.

But seriously - maybe you should add something about this to the FAQ's page. I can't be the only person who doesn't know what this is about (or can I?) - lol!!

Lol! Okay, okay - I'm sorry that I'm a computer/techno idiot.

But seriously - maybe you should add something about this to the FAQ's page. I can't be the only person who doesn't know what this is about (or can I?) - lol!!

No, you aren't. We all were wondering about the friend thing when it first came about.

In my perfect world.... :rolleyes:
The friendship acceptance should give only "friends" access to say.... photo albums, or other info that a member may not want available to anybody who comes to the site.
But there's lots of lobster and chocolate in my perfect world, too. :LOL:

Beware people seeking friendship status with you. They will befriend you then con you out of your secret family recipes. :cool:

Sorry, I'm just a little overprotective of my Linguini with white clam sauce recipe. :ermm: It's been in the family for 8 or 9 years now.

Joe the Goofball:LOL::LOL:

No worries there. I love my own "Linguini in White Clam Sauce" & thus have no need to steal anyone else's.:chef:

As far as my own recipes? I share them regularly, but since I have proof of origin, I'm not really frightened of theft in the event that I decide to do a cookbook (which, by the way, is always in the works - lol!!).

I almost forgot the part where when you accept a friendship request you should be standing on your head at the time :ermm:
What about the part where on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays you have to be naked when you stand on your head? Weren't you the one who told me that, KE?
Hey, wait a minute..........

Back
Top Bottom