Gardening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sattie

Washing Up
How about a Gardening forum for growing food? Just a 'flash idea' that popped in my head.... felt worth mentioning.

Maverick - we have a forum for discussing growing herbs ... in a forum we recently added ... Alix posted an announcement about it in our Community Announcements Forum on 02 Jan 2008 ... Herbs and Spices Forum-Finally!

You can find our Herbs & Spices Forum under the Specific Chat & Recipes grouping between the Fruits & Nuts and the Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains... forums. The area discussing growing herbs is in a sub-forum called Growing Herbs.

Sattie - believe it or not we've been kicking around the idea of a food gardening forum for several months.

Thanks Michael, but I already know where it is. I was referring to Satties idea and what could be included in it. If you did a gardening forum, then the growing herbs forum could be moved into it.

I'd love to see a gardening forum here. I was just thinking about that myself.
Thanks for bringing that up, Sattie!

LOL, Troooo!

however it`s somewhat encouraging to see, at least the DC staff will be in No doubt about the demand for such an area now.

so any efforts on their part will be met well ;)

I like that it's cool-season. I have PLENTY of cool season here!
I didn't re-plant it in the fall I was too busy, but I think I can get it in here as soon as the ground thaws and my tulips start popping.
OOOOOO I'm very excited for gardening season, and a new forum!!!!!!!

Another vote for a gardening forum. I'm a big-time organic gardener. Start virtually all my seeds indoors (in fact, will be starting in a couple of weeks) & grow all sorts of great stuff - heirloom tomatoes, hot & sweet peppers, different eggplants, greens (lettuce, Asian greens, stirfry mixes, etc.), brussels sprouts, beans, carrots, beets, okra, edible flowers, herbs. . . . . the list is virtually endless.

And of course, all of the above end up in countless recipes. ; )

Wow, and I thought this would fizzle in no time flat! I just started gardening last year and as someone else mentioned, I would like to grow as much as my own food as possible. So hey, I think the Gardening section would be a nice addition. Like my composting thread should be there!! wink wink!

We'll be having a Bordeaux (I mean Board) meeting about it sometime today or tomorrow. In the meantime keep your seeds in their packets!!!! :LOL:

We'll be having a Bordeaux (I mean Board) meeting about it sometime today or tomorrow. In the meantime keep your seeds in their packets!!!! :LOL:

:LOL:
I will send a couple bottles if it gets everyone saying yes.

Hey I would enjoy chatting about gardening. I may be an amature cook but I have a B.S. degree on Horticulture. I have fun training the master gardeners that work with Rutgers agricultural co-operative extension personnel. Started growing veggies and herbs almost 50 years ago. E--Gods that sounds old but I started to young to swing a pick LOL

welcome oneoffour, we will certainly be happy to have you join the discussion.:)

umm elf, I'm having trouble keeping my packages zipped! It actually was on the list today to start some seeds, but plans do not always turn out, do they?

Wow I wish I could be thinking about starting my seeds, I am just getting to buying them!
I can't bother starting until the middle of March at earliest. :(
I need to move a zone or 3 south!

Please add my vote for a gardening forum section. I was semi-successful in the last place I lived, until the sheep got into my garden and ate the stuff that grew :mad:.

However, I live in a sheep-free zone now, and should have fewer impediments to success! Plus it doesn't freeze here until the end of May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom