Gimme Some Skin - new forum look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One difference I've noticed that I like alot is that, when I click on a thread that I have already viewed, it brings me to the next post after the one I have already read. If this is a result of the upgrade, kudos! As for the rest, I'll have to get used to it and see. I don't have the issues others have described with readability, but I do have a pretty high color and resolution capability on my laptop.

@bullseye, I just edited some templates so the links in the right will take you to the first unread post in the thread. This is only done on v2.0 and I will go back and update v1.0 once I have processed many of the issues/feedback that has been reported.

I have made a considerable amount of changes to the contrast of the text. I hope it's starting to look better.

@bullseye, I just edited some templates so the links in the right will take you to the first unread post in the thread. This is only done on v2.0 and I will go back and update v1.0 once I have processed many of the issues/feedback that has been reported.

I have made a considerable amount of changes to the contrast of the text. I hope it's starting to look better.

I think you're doing a great job, Andy. Keep up the good work!

Well for now I too have gone back to the v1.0. I find it easier on the eyes. I am all for learning new things and changes as long as it is still easy on the eyes.

I'm having fun watching the changes, it's a fun evolutionary process. I like the darker text in posts and the darker thread titles. The colors are growing on me and the allclad ad at the top is making me positively drool.

I wasn't online earlier but I like what I'm seeing right now - thanks for all your hard work Andy!

I like it, but it is a bit too pastel and white for me. For the amount of time I spend or want to spend on DC, I will probably get a headache :( Sensitive eyes... if the site is like this I will probably end up turning the brightness down on my monitor every time I come.

I do like that its fresh and spring-like. I think it is more the white text on pastels that is killing me.

100X better than 3 hours ago...
I agree. Lots of good feedback from the members. I made lots of little changes based on the feedback and it's a LOT easier to read.
I wasn't online earlier but I like what I'm seeing right now - thanks for all your hard work Andy!
You are welcome. I still consider this a work in progress and have a long list. So please be patient as I chip off that list and get everything dialed in.
I like it, but it is a bit too pastel and white for me... I do like that its fresh and spring-like. I think it is more the white text on pastels that is killing me.
Your comment "it is a bit too pastel..." seems to be a common response. I will see what I can do to make it less pastel and a bit bolder (more contrast between elements).

It's a refreshing change from the the standard looks of most forums.

This one has it's own unique style.Crisp looking *No pun intended.

Thank you :)

Munky.

Not sure how far in the evolutionary cycle I have switched on to DC in, but I like what I see and think it a huge improvement in style and personality than the old look. Never really gave the look of the old DC much thought - it just was! But I think you have worked well Andy. My laptop seems to handle the distinction in colours well - and don't ask me about the resolution - it is set at whatever the shop put it at!! LOL

I hope those of you who are experiencing trouble viewing the site comfortably get the opportunity to switch over soon.

Pleasant surprise in a somewhat sucky day.

I`v gone back to the original too (much nicer to look at), also when you get a Notification of a message, the Pop-down menu disappears Under the bar at the top making it impossible to click on so you can read your message :(
I know I`m gong to get told off again for pointing this out but it may affect Others too.

You really did make some changes since I last checked in, Andy. DC v2.0 (or should it be v2.1 now?) is much more readable than it was on my last visit. Thanks for that!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom