"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #71
Executive Chef

Yeah, there seems to be a loading delay, the frame loads but the actuallt text takes a long time to load, probably about 30s - noticeable anyway.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #72
Executive Chef

Yeah, I have noticed some real loading problems. I have even tried three different Email programs: hotmail; MS Express; Outlook. Same problem on all of them.

Alan, is there a glitch in this version of DC?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #73
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasiszta View Post
Yeah, I have noticed some real loading problems. I have even tried three different Email programs: hotmail; MS Express; Outlook. Same problem on all of them.

Alan, is there a glitch in this version of DC?
Color me confused on this one. How are you using email programs to view the internet?

I'm using Firefox 3.1 and it loads fine for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #74
Head Chef

I saw it yesterday afternoon - beautiful! I love the new options on the top - very user friendly IMHO. I really like the different colors as well. Not that blue isn't very warm and inviting but I like the plaid and color variations. This morning, it's gone ...
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #75
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
Color me confused on this one. How are you using email programs to view the internet?
My Email inbox tells me when a response has been received at DC. They produce a handy little hyperlink to reply. Got it?

Quote:
I'm using Firefox 3.1 and it loads fine for me.
Lucky you.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #76
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasiszta View Post
My Email inbox tells me when a response has been received at DC. They produce a handy little hyperlink to reply. Got it?
You are talking about your subscribed threads that give you a link when someone replies to a thread you've either started or replied in. That's different than looking at DC on the internet be it Google Chrome, Microsoft IE, or Firefox. That is something you need to adjust in your mailbox settings, it doesn't have anything to do with DC.

What internet browser do you use to see the board, not the threads you've already posted in?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #77
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
You are talking about your subscribed threads that give you a link when someone replies to a thread you've either started or replied in. That's different than looking at DC on the internet be it Google Chrome, Microsoft IE, or Firefox. That is something you need to adjust in your mailbox settings, it doesn't have anything to do with DC.
Yes, you are totally correct. I am hyperlinking into DC in one or the other of the threads to which I am corresponding. It has always been fast and simple to reply.
Quote:

What internet browser do you use to see the board, not the threads you've already posted in?
MS IE6.something . . .

It seems to be getting better, the more I use it. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #78
Executive Chef

You might want to try downloading Firefox, I'm linking in via the town free internet service and I'm on the end of the service area, I don't even know if Town knows the free service goes this far, and Firefox is still really fast. Just a thought. I have issues all the time with IE which is why I switched.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #79
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Marty,

All the links that are included in the email notifications should remain working.

You might want to turn off the right column and see if that helps the page load faster (less stuff to load). You can do this from the UserCP >> Edit Options (on the left) then scroll to the very bottom.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #80
Sous Chef

I thought I had been directed to a wrong forum at first! Let me find my way around for now, will comment later.