Gmail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, Taxy. It's really blurry. Can't read anything there. Don't worry, I'm just going to get a good night's sleep and tackle Gmail tomorrow.

I use Firefox and have about 10 pages that I set to load automagically when I start it ;) I never liked iGoogle and I just keep the Yahoo account for sites where I have to provide an email address but I don't want their spam.

I use Firefox also. Thats the browser.
My home page used to be Igoogle which i liked very much.
I tried My Yahoo and it took forever to load.
This is why I use the blank Google search page now.

I use Firefox also. Thats the browser.
My home page used to be Igoogle which i liked very much.
I tried My Yahoo and it took forever to load.
This is why I use the blank Google search page now.

I know what a browser is :rolleyes: My point is that I don't have a single home page. I open a group of pages.

I know what a browser is :rolleyes: My point is that I don't have a single home page. I open a group of pages.

I thought everyone did that nowadays. ;)

Everyone who is computer-savvy. Not everyone is.

Not sure I get the point here.
I use a home page and use my bookmarks to open other pages as needed.

I can see why you might want to open more than one page when you open your browser, but do not see the advantage.

GG. Was not sure if you knew, as you brought it up in a discussion that had nothing to do with browsers.:)

Some of us don't have "a home page" in our browser. We have multiple "home pages". "Home page" implies browser.

GG. Was not sure if you knew, as you brought it up in a discussion that had nothing to do with browsers.:)

Actually, you brought it up first:
GG. I was using IGoogle as my homepage. Now they are doing away with it.
I went to Yahoo and did not like it at all.

Now i am just using the Google search page as my home page. Loads fast.

And, as you may have noticed, our discussions often stray to related and even unrelated topics.

Not sure I get the point here.
I use a home page and use my bookmarks to open other pages as needed.

I can see why you might want to open more than one page when you open your browser, but do not see the advantage.

I like to check several social media and news sites every morning. It's more convenient for me to have my browser open them all at once when I start it. It doesn't matter to me how fast it loads. As always, YMMV.

Some of us don't have "a home page" in our browser. We have multiple "home pages". "Home page" implies browser.

Well taxlady, that would be wrong to call a web page or multiple web pages your browser and would confuse others as has happened here.
No biggie, but it sure would confuse me.....

Oh....The reason I could not get YouTube to work right was, I was right clicking the actual video and copying and pasting the URL.
I see now that you must right click the address bar and copy and paste.
Appreciate your help.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/how-to-post-youtube-videos-87758.html

Actually, you brought it up first:
And, as you may have noticed, our discussions often stray to related and even unrelated topics.

I like to check several social media and news sites every morning. It's more convenient for me to have my browser open them all at once when I start it. It doesn't matter to me how fast it loads. As always, YMMV.

Got it GG. How does one have more than one page open (one click) in Firefox? I don't see a need for me to do it, but would like to know how.

Tools - Options - And then enter each address under the "General" tab?
"Home Page" field?

I do see an option "Show my windows and tabs from last time"? Is this what you mean?

TIA.

Last edited:
Got it GG. How does one have more than one page open (one click) in Firefox? I don't see a need for me to do it, but would like to know how.

"Home Page" field?

I do see an option "Show my windows and tabs from last time"? Is this what you mean?

TIA.

First, open a tab for each page you want to open at start-up. Then click Tools - Options, and on the "General" tab under "Home Page," click "Use Current Pages." Under "When Firefox Starts," make sure "Show My Home Page" is selected. Then when you open Firefox, all those tabs will open and load those pages.

Last edited:
Well taxlady, that would be wrong to call a web page or multiple web pages your browser and would confuse others as has happened here.
No biggie, but it sure would confuse me.....

Oh....The reason I could not get YouTube to work right was, I was right clicking the actual video and copying and pasting the URL.
I see now that you must right click the address bar and copy and paste.
Appreciate your help.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/how-to-post-youtube-videos-87758.html

"Home Page" field?

TIA.
Open all the tabs you want to save as "homepages" and go to options | general. Then under homepage, choose "Use Current Pages".

First, open a tab for each page you want to open at start-up. Then click Tools - Options, and on the "General" tab under "Home Page," click "Use Current Pages." Under "When Firefox Starts," make sure "Show My Home Page" is selected. Then when you open Firefox, all those tabs will open and load those pages.

Open all the tabs you want to save as "homepages" and go to options | general. Then under homepage, choose "Use Current Pages".

Thanks to both of you.

Geez, I didn't need to post instructions. GG already posted them a couple of hours earlier. How did I miss that?

Back
Top Bottom