Gmail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Can anyone help me setting up a new gmail account?

I've been using yahoo all this time, but need a gmail account now.

I've got it set up that my new name is Zhizarazarazoz@Gmail.com, but can't get it to transfer my mail from yahoo. It says it can and offers me that option, but doesn't give me a chance to enter my yahoo address.

I'm totally confused. Please help me some/anybody.

Sometimes with of new accounts of emails, the options have not set into the account properly. In time it shall operate. You may try to refresh of the page, re-open of another window and give it some of time.

Gmail is of a hairy bugger but it shall work for you with time.

With love,
~Cat

You basically have two email accounts now. Go into the user settings for the old (yahoo) account and enter the new email address.

I am not exactly sure how Yahoo's set up is like.
Let me check and get back to you.

I'm not about to add an expensive account just to make this transfer. I'll just gradually let everyone know how to reach me.

I'd much rather have my yahoo emails automatically come up in Gmail.

I'm not about to add an expensive account just to make this transfer. I'll just gradually let everyone know how to reach me.
I'd much rather have my yahoo emails automatically come up in Gmail.

I would not pay for it either. There was a time when this was as easy as 1-2-3. You could redirect email at anytime you wanted for free.
Now it seems they want money to be able to switch.
That is why I don't use web based email accounts.
I have two of them for the obvious reasons, but rarely are they ever used.

Here are step-by-step directions on how to forward your Yahoo email to Gmail: How to Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail: 7 Steps (with Pictures)

GG. You have to have a paid version of Yahoo to do this. It used to be free on every web based email accounts.

This is why I prefer to use my ISP email account. The flexibility and professional nature of this type email suits me best.

Zhizara, there is an Import function on Gmail. When you are setting up your Gmail, it will ask you if you want to import addresses from somewhere. It should walk you through how to do it.

Thanks all for the answers. The problem I'm having is that yahoo changed within the last couple of days and doesn't give me the options that RollBones GG suggested. I did seem to have a chance to forward to the Gmail account, but I have my doubts whether what I did actually accomplished my desire. I'll just wait and see for now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Darn. I just checked my Yahoo account - which I don't use anymore - and you're right. They've taken that option away. And they seem to be copying Gmail's layout. You can use the Vacation Response, though. Just put in a message that you're switching to Gmail and provide the new email address.

GG. I was using IGoogle as my homepage. Now they are doing away with it.
I went to Yahoo and did not like it at all.

Now i am just using the Google search page as my home page. Loads fast.

GG. I was using IGoogle as my homepage. Now they are doing away with it.
I went to Yahoo and did not like it at all.

Now i am just using the Google search page as my home page. Loads fast.

I use Firefox and have about 10 pages that I set to load automagically when I start it ;) I never liked iGoogle and I just keep the Yahoo account for sites where I have to provide an email address but I don't want their spam.

Darn. I just checked my Yahoo account - which I don't use anymore - and you're right. They've taken that option away. And they seem to be copying Gmail's layout. You can use the Vacation Response, though. Just put in a message that you're switching to Gmail and provide the new email address.
Good idea. The only problem I see is if there are people who have the yahoo email address and you don't want them to have the new Gmail address.

I keep my old Yahoo email address, just in case.

I managed to get my yahoo mail forwarded, then when I went to reply to one, I couldn't find out how to send the reply? Yahoo was so simple! Drat!

I managed to get my yahoo mail forwarded, then when I went to reply to one, I couldn't find out how to send the reply? Yahoo was so simple! Drat!
There is a box below the message that says, "Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or forward".

Near the top of the message you should see something like this:

Attachments

• Gmail reply function.jpg
    Gmail reply function.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 184
Have a look at the bottom of this attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Gmail reply function again.jpg
    Gmail reply function again.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom