"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
Head Chef
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Where were you when I was 15?
You sound like one special kiddo!
Since your pasta dish has ginger in it you may want to
choose a chicken recipe that is more asian but I like this:
Check out this recipe link. I love the sauce oozing out...
Chicken stuffed with spinach, prosciutto, and Boursin cheese.
Personally, I would use mushrooms instead of prosciutto
only because I just love mushrooms.
All that and she cooks, too: Chicken stuffed with spinach, prosciutto and Boursin cheese
Mollyanne will you make that for me!!!

A woman is like a tea bag, you never no how strong she is until you put her in hot water...
Mimizkitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
Master Chef
I know that this post was put in back in June. But... other things you can do with boneless chicken breasts are to place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin with a meat mallet. Then, roll the chicken around whatever you like. With your sauce, this might make a unique and interesting presentation. I'll call it Chicken Ravioli. After pounding, cut the chicken breasts into three inch squares. Dip in half of the squares in egg wash (1 egg mixed with a bit of milk and beaten with a whisk or fork until smooth) and place on a plastic cutting board. Dust with cornstarch. Place a half-tsp of filling on top. season with salt and pepper. Place another chicken square on top and press the sides together. Carefully lift and set on a wire cooling rack to dry. Do this with all of the chicken squares to make raviolis. Dip the raviolis in egg wash, then cornstarch. Again, let dry, just for a couple minutes. Dip in hot oil, but not hot enough to sizzle. Let sit for thirty seconds or so until the coating turns white. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Get your sauce hot and ready. Heat the oil to 360' F. and dip the raviolis in egg wash, then flour, then egg wash, then panko bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown. Serve on plate with sauce lightly spooned over top.

Some filling ideas:
1. ricotta cheese with spinach and fresh basil
2. minced black olives, fetta cheese, and ground and browned Itallian Sausage
3. Mushrooms, minced olives, and mozarella
4. herbed compound butter
5. Muenster cheese with minced pepperoni or capiacola
6. Chicken flavored rice pilaf with minced mushrooms
7. Cottage cheese with a bit of lemon grass or dill
8. A great, homemade liver pate', but the pate' has to be silky smooth and she has to like liver pate'
9. Your favorite pizza toppings
10. savory bread dressing and substitute chicken Veloute sauce for the tomato sauce.
11. Combination of Swiss, and Havarti cheese
12. Creamy mashed potatoes with dill and minced mushrooms
13. cream cheese mixed with crab meat and a touch of sugar, Served with a lightly thickend sauce of clam juice with green onion and a touch of Old Bay seasoning, or with your tomato sauce.

Hope this gives people ideas for something a little bit extravagant that they can use to really give something good to someone they love.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote