H&R BLOCK Banner Ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't mind people asking questions about things - sometimes there's nothing we can do. I will direct the webmaster to this thread to see what he can do.

OK - I REALLY will contact Andy R. I switched to IE to see what would happen. Yes, the ad is VERY annoying. One thing is because so many of us that "work" here use the Firefox Ad Blocker we never know about these things.

We certainly appreciate this being brought to our attention. I tried to go to other pages and the ad still covers the search feature.

velochic - Firefox with the ad blocker DOES do away with the ad - maybe you downloaded the wrong extension.

Bluecat - I can assure you we don't mind hearing about the potential troubles of the site - sometimes we don't see them because we have the features that block a lot of what other people see. Firefox with the Ad Blocker is great!

With all that said - I saw what everyone else is seeing and trying to deal with and I will contact Andy R. right now.

When I scroll down, I dont see it. Dont sweat the little things in life, it's not worth it. The only ads I hate are the ones on the side where even if you scroll, the ad is still there, but I can still put up with it. It pays for this site and I certainly do not want this site to be pay only. ;)

amber said:
When I scroll down, I dont see it. Dont sweat the little things in life, it's not worth it. The only ads I hate are the ones on the side where even if you scroll, the ad is still there, but I can still put up with it. It pays for this site and I certainly do not want this site to be pay only. ;)

I can't see it all, but from how it's described, I would find it very annoying. An ad shouldn't make any site feature difficult to use. I'm sure it's something that can be adjusted (she, who is technologically challenged, says). :)

I think the Funniest things about this thread is that if you go to the top of the page, there`s Adverts for Pop-up Blockers :)

oh the Irony :P

YT2095 said:
I think the Funniest things about this thread is that if you go to the top of the page, there`s Adverts for Pop-up Blockers :)

oh the Irony :P

The ads above the posts often are relevant to the content of the posts. There were ads for cruises on the Cruise Food topic. It's like Gmail.

BC

I make my living in Advertising. This AD is Annoying many. The ad will make money for DC and not for H&R Block.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom