Heads Up - Conflicker worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the heads-up LadyCook61 - I think I
will disconnect from the internet on 4/1 - I am leading a
9 mile hike that day anyway.
I have Sunbelt Firewall, AVG anti-virus and Trojan Hunter software
in addition to Windows Defender.

This is important stuff. I think maybe the mods should change the title so more people see it and are careful and make sure their anti-virus software is up to date.

Why do people think that it is funny to destroy peoples things and lives?? Makes me sick!!

thank you ladyC

Why do people think that it is funny to destroy peoples things and lives?? Makes me sick!!

thank you ladyC
That is the phrase of my day. I haven't shared the hell I went through today but suffice it to say, someone definitely tried to destroy my life today. And I mean that literally, not figuratively.

I have moved this to Forum Help and Ideas so it would not keep getting covered up by the jokes and games. This information is help for the forum members.

Last edited:
I am not belittling the reports on this and having been in the computer business for over 15 years (10 running our own company) I am no stranger to viruses. My hubby makes good money repairing computers that have been hit.

But just remember one thing. The date this is supposed to hit is April 1st, April Fool's day.

I am not saying DON'T protect yourself, I think it is very important to be aware of this kind of thing and take necessary precautions. The thing that we have seen over many years is that people "leak out" this information to get everyone scared stiff that they will have a virus kill their computer and when nothing happens, the people who did it get a good laugh. Either way, it is very sick behaviour.

Not unless you've updated your virus today. You should really consider a better anti-virus. McAfee isn't the best out there.

Callisto, I agree with you and even Norton is losing ground in the virus game to some degree. We use AVG (and surprisingly the free version works as well or better than the pay version).

There have been more than a few viruses that are timed to be released on particular dates. I'm sure the creator of this one thought April Fools was a good date and it's not the first virus released on that date.

Callisto, I agree with you and even Norton is losing ground in the virus game to some degree. We use AVG (and surprisingly the free version works as well or better than the pay version).
Me too. I love AVG. I recommend it over Norton or McAfee any time I can. Norton sucks.

Back
Top Bottom