How do I get DC to stop e-mailing me every time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana Brain

Sous Chef
someone posts on the same thread I did? Its filling up my in box! I always have to delete delete delete like mad. Can I make it so I don't subscribe to any of the threads I post on and unsubscribe to all previous threads I've posted on?

Go to your user cp, click on edit options on the left, scroll down to messages and notifications and you will find a drop box to stop it.

That I don't know June, but at the bottom left of someone's reply there's a little "Give Karma" that you can click on and make comments. I have no idea how you could check on any karma given to you.

Constance said:
I did that, Texas, but I still get some.

You may have "auto subscribe" turned on. That means when you post a reply, it automatically subscribes you to the thread. Turn it of in the usercp and it shant happen again.

I received 3 pages of email today and it is annoying. The first time it happened to me, I went to the "Default Thread Subsciption Mode" and clicked 'Do Not Subscribe' so I thought I was finished with it.

I repeated the process today so I hope I won't be inundated by mail again.

When we make a post or answer a thread, do we have to click "Do not subscribe"?

To anyone who struggles with this problem, here is an illustrated guide to resolve it...

img_299908_0_6d42b668fae33c9b559046fe216efd0a.jpg

1. go to user CP (step 1)

2. Select "Edit Option" on the left of the screen (Step 2)

3. At the "Message & Notification" section (second chapter), go to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" (the second box inside this chapter), click on the drop down menu and select NO EMAIL NOTIFICATION. (Step 3)

Scroll all the way down and click on "Save changes"

You will no longer receive these notifications.

Thank you very much. I thought the Do Not Subscribe would stop the emails. I've changed it to No Email and I clicked on Save.

I'm sure everything is fixed correctly for me now.:)

urmaniac13 said:
To anyone who struggles with this problem, here is an illustrated guide to resolve it...

img_300132_0_6d42b668fae33c9b559046fe216efd0a.jpg

1. go to user CP (step 1)

2. Select "Edit Option" on the left of the screen (Step 2)

3. At the "Message & Notification" section (second chapter), go to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" (the second box inside this chapter), click on the drop down menu and select NO EMAIL NOTIFICATION. (Step 3)

Scroll all the way down and click on "Save changes"

You will no longer receive these notifications.

Thank you sooo much (((Licia))) for posting this diagram-it sure has helped alot!!!!!Love and energy, Vicki:)

Back
Top Bottom