How do you change a website address to read different?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
This is one thing that I haven't figured out yet.
Lots of website were changed to read here.
How is this done?

Barbara L said:
I haven't figured it out yet either, but I think I found the answer. Try this out: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/how-hyper-link-5464.html

:) Barbara

What is the editor?

Is this what you mean texasgirl? Linking To A Recipe I just figured out how to do it last week. I still have to go back & look to make sure I'm doing it right

[That's exactly what I am wanting to do, but, I guess I'm still lost on it.

Very cute MJ:LOL:

Last edited:
Nevermind, I guess it's something that I would have to see done. But thank you for your help anyway!! You guys are great!

I just learned how to do this the easy way. You see the little globe with the links on it when you reply? That is what you use.

All you do is right click and copy the address of the place you want people to go to, then in your post you highlight the word you want to be the link. Once you have done that you hit the Hyperlink button and paste in the address of the place you are sending people. (Remember to get rid of that extra http thing, you already have that when you copied the address.)

Anyone who wants to can maybe practice in this thread.

Here is an example about the vB codes. Like Alix said - just play around with it in this thread if you want to.:)

Attachments

• vbcode.png
    vbcode.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 246
I did it, I did it WOOHOO!!
11.gif

Thanks guys! {btw, I hope noone thinks that I am calling all of you guys cause you are male. By now, I think I have figured out most genders, I just say that when there are more than one person I responding too.}:huh: :wacko: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom