How do you find ...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
How do you find old lines? Is there a way to query a subject and find out if there is an active line so you don't start something over again? I often find myself in that position; I know that someone, somewhere (even me) have had a line going but can't find it.

Along the same lines, I've noticed I can see what posts others have made in their profile, but have been unable to find my own. I would search there for an old post if I could find a list of my own posts.

PS: I find it easy to search my subscribed posts by using CNTL F to find a specific word. Sometimes the DC search won't find it.

I wanted to find the weather thread the other day, but DC search said not found. I searched my subscribed threads with CNTL F and found it right away.

Along the same lines, I've noticed I can see what posts others have made in their profile, but have been unable to find my own...

Z, Click on your user name and select view public profile. Then click on the statistics tab. This will show you options for 'Select all posts...' and "threads started by..."

How do you find old lines? Is there a way to query a subject and find out if there is an active line so you don't start something over again? I often find myself in that position; I know that someone, somewhere (even me) have had a line going but can't find it.

I sometimes have better luck searching for old stuff on Google. Go to Google and select advanced search. There you can enter your search parameters then direct Google to look only in Discusscooking.com

You can also click the down arrow next to search and there is the option to look for all discussions started by you (threads) and all posts by you.

Back
Top Bottom