I Hope Someone Can Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAYLINDA

Head Chef
Whenever I click on a thread it opens just fine. I begin to read the first post...then all of a sudden it takes me to the last post on that page. I have checked my options. It is set to read the oldest first. Please Help!

It's just the way the page loads - if you give it a couple more seconds it will finish loading. It happens to several people.

It sounds like it may be more your computer than a problem with the site.

Does anyone else have this problem??

Hopefully we'll get some answers Kay - hang tight.

ok - does it do this when you click on the link in your e-mail saying someone has posted?

If so, it is taking you to that post, which would usually be the last one - unless others have posted after it - but it would still take you to that post, not the top of the page.

If you just click on a thread from within the site it shouldn't do that.

Is that what's happening?

Also, when you set your posts to read Linear - Oldest First - did you click the submit button at the bottom of the page before exiting that page?

It is the threads on the site...and yes, I hit submit. Oh well...I'm getting used to scrolling back up to the top now...lol.

Boy...I've really confused you now....lol. No...that was in answer to setting the linear button to oldest post...then I hit submit.

If I click any thread to read it....it stays on post #1 for about 3 seconds...then skips down to the bottom of the page....making me scroll back up to the first post to read it.

Back
Top Bottom