I see that a member is listed as banned !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the discussion in this thread, I gather there is only one

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
rotfl.gif
rofl.gif

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Like Michel said, we try to get rid of the trouble makers before they make a serious public impact. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes so that you don't have to see all the junk that people try to get on the board.

Well would you please ban them then?
Or, may I be an honorary mod?

It's funny how some people have the irresistible urge to respond to known trolls on public forums. I guess that's what makes a good troll. They usually don't last long though. Most move on to other boards.

Sometimes people are accused of being trolls erroneously. I'm not happy about the fact that I've been banned from 9 different boards, all different kinds for all kinds of reasons.

I can't remember all the so-called crimes I commited, but I do remember the following:

One time I talked too much about medical isues and people got nervous and I was asked to leave.

Another time I posted too many jokes and was accused of trolling and banned.

A third time I was looking for a certain recipe and didn't care for the recipes that people suggested. That made people very very angry and I was kickled off a la being a troll.

Another time I was deemed not spiritual enough.

Each board has rules and regulations but often they are overlooked as personalities come into play as well. I think that's annoying, but .....

Have you ever been a 40 year old washing dishes in Momma and Poppas restaurant in Idaho?

Each board is different and new members should adapt quickly as tolerance levels are quite different from board to board. My very first joke posted on this board, for example, was pulled off overnight for whatever reason. That's no problem for me and I'm not going to question why. That same joke has been circulating in many other forums with great popularity. I just happened to come across it in a home improvement forum and decided to post it here as I thought it was funny, I thought....:mrgreen:

I'm on a site that bans people for spreading false spoilers for television shows. We have probably banned the same guy 30 times yet he keeps coming back.

Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Are you referring to the guy being insane for continually coming back or you for banning him the same way and thinking that he won't come back :LOL:
I think a little of both but he causes such disruptions we really have no choice. We finally range banned him and he's moved on. The funny thing is we find him on other sites for the same programs AND on Wikipedia.

Each board is different and new members should adapt quickly as tolerance levels are quite different from board to board. My very first joke posted on this board, for example, was pulled off overnight for whatever reason. That's no problem for me and I'm not going to question why.

well, roadfix, i read that joke and I thought the humor was um,....immature and offensive...not saying if that was why it was pulled, but i failed to see any humor in it. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that thread pulled...just my take on the issue

pm it to me please? :)

i missed it.

i have never been banned for making jokes. and i've joked around A LOT on a few boards. it's not that difficult to know when you're crossing the line. the hard part is getting as close to it as possible, crossing it now and again, then getting back. :cool:
you may have to apologize once in a while, and post a few pics and stories about your kids or pets to get back in good graces...

mostlywater, how did you let people know that you "didn't care for" the recipes that were posted?

pm it to me please? :)

it's not that difficult to know when you're crossing the line. the hard part is getting as close to it as possible, crossing it now and again, then getting back. :cool:

And you are the Master, BT! ;)

Would you PM me the joke that got removed, too, please?

Lee

Was that the Home Depot joke? I thought it was lighthearted and cute, in an immature sort of way, but jokes don't have to be technical and complicated. Some members were sending back laughing smileys before it got yanked, if that's the joke. I'm not even sure who posted it, but I could go look I suppose....

The problem with the joke was it was a bit too graphic. I have heard that joke years ago in a milder version and it was still just as funny. Also, it is irresponsible to use Home Depot for the location.

If you sit on "the other side" you look at things very differently.

Back
Top Bottom