Ignoring members.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
besides teasing someone and not getting a response, is there a way for us to tell if a member has you on their ignore list?

at first, i'd feel that it would be a waste of time to try to respond to their threads.

but then again, it could be fun. it would be like making fun of someone in a foreign language.

Someone said the function didn't work as it was meant to so it may be futile. How about putting me on the ignore list and posting when you have done so. I'll respond and see what you get. Testing the system is probably the quickest way to find out! I'll be around for another hour.

(PS, please take me off of ignore when you have done the test though!!!! Pretty please!!!!)

I often wonder if some members aren't using the ignore feature.
Sometimes you will see an answer given to a question by someone, then given again by someone else without any mention of the first answer, which doesn't seem like proper netiquette to me, such as; "I agree with the above" and then go on to state your case, but they go right on like they are the first poster to suggest something. It looks like maybe they have the other poster on an ignore list.

Yeah, give it a test BT.

The other thing with that Pacanis can be the time delay between someone starting a post and posting the post! I know that happened the other day when I posted something. I also know that when I first joined DC, there were certain people who I think just didn't bother reading posts from new members cos sometimes I felt invisible! (You pick up pretty quickly who those people are and lose the chip off your shoulder! Everyone else made it so nice, they more than compensated.) Personally, I just don't open threads started by people who annoy me. Life's too short!!

Just posting so Bilby doesn't think she's invisible.
:LOL:
Yes, maybe it's a case of self-imposed ignoring.

Buckytom - I have no idea how the ignore list works. I have never used it on any site that I visit. With that said, I do not see how anyone would ever want to ignore your humor. Without a good laugn life would be boring.

AC

sorry, work called.

why do i have to be the ingorer? i don't want to miss anything. :(

wait, being the ignoree started this whole idea.

nevermind. :wacko:

there's an ignore somewhere?
whats it supposed to do, just not pick up certain people's posts?
ya learn somethin' new every day.....
(oh, hi Bilby, dont want to ignore you!)
:)

I do not think there is a way for you to see if someone has you on ignore. I do not even think the staff has a way of seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom