Is it just me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDog

Head Chef
Aye carumba! I don't think I've ever had the pages of DC load so slow!

It seems that ever since the addition of the new icons/links next to the Report Post link every page takes an eternity to load. Some are worse then others. For example, up to this point, this page has not loaded completely. There. It just finished!

If it was just me, I would think that problem would be on any page I go to, but it is not. Then again, that doesn't necessarily mean a problem here. I hate how complex comupters can be.

Anyways, anyone else having similar problems? It seriously takes sometimes more then a minute for a page to load (particularly a thread). Now, I'm not running cutting edge technology, but just a week or so ago there was hardly any delay.

Side note - it took almost a minute for the new topic/post to process! Also, about 30 seconds for the quick reply to process!

FYI I have a cable connection, running a 1 Ghz AMD processor (like I said, not cutting edge, but not horrible either) with 256 mb RAM. It hasn't been a problem in the past, and I don't think it would be now.

One minute for the topic to pull from the list of new topics page . . . .

The images seem to be what the holdup is. They are taking forever to load.

Also, likely having nothing to do with this, but still weird, I don't have the function of my delete key when I type quick replies. Go figure!:wacko:

Wow, that was much faster! I had this problem Friday night but thought it was just me as I was typing from a laptop in a hotel room in Dallas. I hope it gets better soon - there are the smileys!:)

The slowness has been so aggravating for me that I've hardly been on at all.

I come online to be entertained - not get high blood pressure waiting for a page to come up.

ironchef said:
Yeah, it's slow for me too and I'm running 2.8 GHz + 1 GB of RAM.

They could be still in the process of finding a new server and right now the site is just on a temporary one.
That would make sense.

Half Baked, you must be running really slow if you're getting that annoyed.
It takes me about 8 or 9 seconds to load a page now, compared to my 2 or 3 seconds before, that quite a slow down.

I will have to defend here :rolleyes:

It's really not "nonsense" and sometimes servers just act up. There was a big issue with the server that we had NO control over. We really don't do this on purpose I swear!!!!! :LOL: It's just as frustrating for us as we have the same problem as everyone else. Andy is working things out. It takes time. As there have been recent threads on this same topic it hasn't been fully resolved yet - but it will be!

If the server is acting up your computer capabilities are a moot point.

We really do apologize for the inconvenience. I know how frustrating it is. :neutral:

sure sure sure LOL

it's working pretty good for me right now .. but that's now, and it's in the middle of the night also .. i'll try in the middle of the day tomorrow, if i can get online at all.

:)

Wasn't it said that a certain amount of stress is necessary to keep us all up and ticking? Kudos to DC for coming to the rescue!:clap:

It's working faster at my school too!
This is pretty sweet!
It's just too bad I can't go in any threads that have "game" in the title, because that word is banned at my school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom