Is this happening to anyone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I keep getting this "NetZero Voice Plan" ad on each screen I click for dc. It also doesn't have a button to close the ad's window. It's very annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Even right now as I type, there is this ad at the top ofthis page that is covering half the screen. I can't even see what I'm typing right now, just cross my fingers that I am typing without too many mistakes. How can I get rid of this?

It doesn't come up as a pop up or new screen, it's overlapping DC completely, like it's a part of the page. Just close out your internet and reopen it. That should stop it.

cara said:
corazon, even if it's gone, did you try the right click down at the task bar and then "close"?
It doesn't come up as a pop up or new screen, it's overlapping DC completely, like it's a part of the page. Just close out your internet and reopen it. That should stop it.

I tried both of these and neither way worked. oh well, it's gone now. Thanks for your help.

Yep, it's been happening for a couple days now. It said "social network" but yea its actually a netzero ad. Texasgirl is right, it's not a popup as I mentioned, it takes over the DC page completely. I ended up logging off and back on again. A tad annoying!

I don't have it either, I have a couple of good pop up blockers though. May I suggest Microsofts pop up blocker and Googles? They block nearly everything for me. You can also adjust the level of pop ups to block. Moderate, high, your choice. I believe that is in internet options.

I wonder if Andy.. had to sell advertizing space??
It must be costly to own this site.

why doesn't he say something about it??

I must admit, I don't know if I have a Popupblocker.. probably with the firewall?

cara, pop up blockers are usually extra. You might have one with your firewall, but you should probably try to get another. Try finding the Google taskbar, it has a really excellent pop up blocker.

Back
Top Bottom