ISO - What does it mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

advoca

Senior Cook
I have been trying to pluck up enough courage to ask this question for months!

Several times I have seen threads that use the letters ISO in the title. What does ISO stand for?

advoca, it means "in search of"...when someone is looking for a particular recipe. Don't ever hesitate to ask a question! Someone will always step up and answer - with a smile :)

Along those same lines, TNT means "Tried and True", or "Proven". Sometimes these abbreviations for slang phrases is not always obvious to those whose first language is not English.

Advoca - The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask... I usually do a google search when I see something I don't recognize, but will ask the informed group when I can't find it.

Casper

I am a member of 6 or so forums and all the time see abbreviations used for husbands/wifes etc but am never sure what they all mean.

I think:
OH = Other Half
SO = Significant Other

And there are more but I can't remember. Help????

Angie, you are correct about those acronyms. Around here, I refer to my mate as HH (handy husband) because he is very clever with fixing and building things. Most people refer to their spouses as DH (dear husband) or dear wife (dw). One of our members, Constance, has been using HB for her spouse, and I have been meaning to ask her what that means.

goodgiver said:
Angie what other 5 forums do you visit?
I'm on two dog forums, two Down Syndrome forums and one Obesity forum...although this one and the dog forums are the only ones I visit regularly.

Disclaimer: off topic :)
Angie said:
I'm on two dog forums, two Down Syndrome forums and one Obesity forum...although this one and the dog forums are the only ones I visit regularly.

Would I be considered too nosey if I asked what Down Syndrome forums? And if you have a child, sibling or friend with DS? My 16 yr old son has DS, so, I'm just curious.

ps8 said:
Disclaimer: off topic :)

Would I be considered too nosey if I asked what Down Syndrome forums? And if you have a child, sibling or friend with DS? My 16 yr old son has DS, so, I'm just curious.

Not at all! I have a 10 week old niece with T21 and I can't get enough of her. I was visiting at t21 forum but my sister and I kinda just jumped to downsyn.com and we love it there. I'll have to pm you a picture or 20....I also have a 42 yr old cousin with DS!

Back
Top Bottom