"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 02-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

With a very clear title, such as "What is the Best Knife to Buy?", it might work as a sticky. As a sticky, I think it should be made clear that it is strictly for serious knife discussion. We all like to make silly jokes, me more than most sometimes, but in the interest of space, it would be best for this one to stick to the questions and answers.

Barbara

Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Just post links to the answers!!
That's where the Sticky would rock. It's a lot of work for me to remember where I specifically answered a given question. If it was a sticky I could at least easily link to it.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
With a very clear title, such as "What is the Best Knife to Buy?", it might work as a sticky. As a sticky, I think it should be made clear that it is strictly for serious knife discussion. We all like to make silly jokes, me more than most sometimes, but in the interest of space, it would be best for this one to stick to the questions and answers.

Barbara
I think the best thing would be to have Admin lock the thread (ie lock the sticky). It could be read but not added to. If someone had a question about the sticky they could start a thread about it. Alternatively the Mods could watch the thread sticky and prune as needed. If the former option was chosen it would basically be an article to be read.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Babcock View Post
I think the best thing would be to have Admin lock the thread (ie lock the sticky). It could be read but not added to. If someone had a question about the sticky they could start a thread about it. Alternatively the Mods could watch the thread sticky and prune as needed. If the former option was chosen it would basically be an article to be read.
I saw advantages to both types as well.

Barbara
Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
Head Chef

One of our members could write up an article about knives and lock/sticky it for future use. Just a basic article outlining common questions and procedures.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Rob maybe you could write a blog about knives and when the question is asked, you could link the person to your blog.