Large American Express banner at top of page

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
Is anyone else finding it difficult to use the 'search' function, cos that sushi plate advert is obscuring half the search box?!:)

I don't get it on mine Ishbel. Is your pop up blocker turned up high enough? That would really tick me off if I couldn't get to the search function. Is it still happening?

Ishbel - that used to happen to me too - oddly enough you can still use it - you just can't see what you are typing. Even with a pop-up blocker that ad still shows. Do you by chance use Firefox? Until I installed Adblock as an extension on Firefox it did get in the way (or whatever ad was there at the time). Now the ad doesn't even show. :clap:

Just go to another page to use that search feature.

I do have pop up blockers installed, but had to allow some pop ups in order to register with certain sites.. If I set it too high, I can't access those sites:wacko:

I'll just type in the words and hope I haven't put any typos in the 'search'!:LOL:

...typos could be interesting, huh?

I take it you don't use Firefox/Mozilla?

I see that you do use Firefox - You need to update to the new version. There are two extensions you need to download - Adblock and there's another one that goes with it - GB will know.

Last edited:
The other extension is Adblock FiltersetG Updater.
Once you load those too Ishbel, you will not have any problems with any ads like that ever again.

Errrm, my daughter (the tekkie one) installed all the software on my puter... I didn't think I used firefox, I THOUGHT I used IE...:) She's in Lebanon at the mo - I'll ask her when she gets back to the UK next Wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom