Link to DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B'sgirl

Sous Chef
I'm trying to create a button for DC on my blog. I clicked on the Link to Us link but nothing happened. Am I missing something? Is there an html code I can use to create a button? Sorry if it's obvious and I'm totally missing it. I'm the sort who needs very explicit step-by-step instructions for some things. :)

If you click on the address bar on the homepage that should be your HTML code and all that is needed. I don't really know what you are doing but that should provide you with the address needed...I hope :ermm:

That creates a text button--I think. I have one of those, but then my link list looks like this:

Little Birdie Secrets
Creative Memories
Orson Scott Card
Discuss Cooking
Baby Talkers

You get it. DC doesn't stand out and people don't really look at or read things that stand out. But I now have a button with a picture of a bunch of ladies chatting that people can click for babytalkers, a picture with my church's official logo to link to their website, etc. If there was a picture with the DC logo or something for people to click they might be more likely to click and visit DC.

That creates a text button--I think. I have one of those, but then my link list looks like this:

Little Birdie Secrets
Creative Memories
Orson Scott Card
Discuss Cooking
Baby Talkers

You get it. DC doesn't stand out and people don't really look at or read things that stand out. But I now have a button with a picture of a bunch of ladies chatting that people can click for babytalkers, a picture with my church's official logo to link to their website, etc. If there was a picture with the DC logo or something for people to click they might be more likely to click and visit DC.

OK - I know what you want now - going to get help!!!!!

You should be able to use this:
HTML:
<a href="http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/">Discuss Cooking Forum</a>
Thanks for posting a link to us!

Michelle - I looked at your blog and see what you are trying to do. It appears that the widest the image can be is about 200-pixels to fit in the margins of the left column the way your page is laid out. Our logo doesn't reduce down to that size and maintain any degree of readability - so I tweaked it a bit to get you this. It should fit - but if it is too wide I can trim a few more pixels off each end.

Attachments

• DC_button.jpg
    DC_button.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 70
You should be able to use this:
HTML:
<a href="http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/">Discuss Cooking Forum</a>
Thanks for posting a link to us!

I used this code and just got a text link. Michael, how do I get yours on there?

Hooray, I did it! I just has to save the picture on my computer and add the link after
I uploaded the picture. DC is now linked! Oh, and I was wondering if maybe
I shouldn't have my blog in my signature because I often write about politics and religion?

Hooray, I did it! I just has to save the picture on my computer and add the link after
I uploaded the picture. DC is now linked! Oh, and I was wondering if maybe
I shouldn't have my blog in my signature because I often write about politics and religion?

Just don't talk about GB :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom