Linking to images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sue Lau

Senior Cook
Does linking to images work on this site?
I had tried to link an image in another post with no success.
I am familiar with using the img tags and the site I host my images on does allow them to be linked.

Trying again just to check:
3424454323232%7Ffp77%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B5%3D87%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3A89%3C%3A%3A3ot1lsi

Url tags seem to work for the same pic:
Pic

Thanks for any advice you can offer about this. :)

I'll check into this - thanks. img tags should work - usually an img will have an ending of jpg or gif - or something similar?? Could this be the problem?

kitchenelf said:
I'll check into this - thanks. img tags should work - usually an img will have an ending of jpg or gif - or something similar?? Could this be the problem?
Snapfish seems to have some odd url's. Haven't had a problem with it before, but not sure if it could be causing a problem now.
The url is everything listed in properties.
I can try adding something to check:

3424454323232%7Ffp77%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B5%3D87%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3A89%3C%3A%3A3ot1lsi.jpg

That little grey box is curious. Perhaps you know more about it than I do.
But when I use the normal url here with the "url tag":i

Pic

Here I will try the url tag with jpg added:

Pic with jpg added

It would seem that adding "jpg" cause the image to diappear and leaves the little grey box.

mouse said - quote - Perhaps you know more about it than I do.

hahahahahaha - now THAT's funny! Send WayneT a link to your thread and ask him to look at it - he may know why and what to do!

Mouse,

http://images.snapfish.com/3424454323232fp77=ot>232<=:;5=87<=XROQDF>232365:89<::3ot1lsi

Above is the Link to your image that works. Note it is different to what you did.
Paste the link, WITHOUT the [/color]

You were actually trying to have DiscussCooking DISPLAY your image as below.[/b]

[img]http://img130.exs.cx/img130/9040/FriedRicefaces.jpg.

For that, the image URL that you use, must be the actual location where the picture is stored, not just where it is displayed.

This is one reason why some people have trouble displaying pics here when they just copy the URL where they see the picture.
You also run the problem of the Website moving the picture to another location or deleting it completely, so today it works for you,
tomorrow it doesn't.

You need to Right Click the picture and select "Save As", then upload the picture to ImageShack or similar Free image storage
Website. Then copy the location of the pic from the data they give you. That data will have the [img][/img] info already
attached so you just do a straight paste into DiscussCooking. ImageShack is by far the most reliable of these storage
sites. (In my self opinionated opinion)

You can also do a selection link as below (All one line though not like I have displayed it).

http://images.snapfish.com/3424454323232%7Ffp77%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3A%3B5%3D87%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3A89%3C%3A%3A3ot1lsi]

Now if I put the words CLICK HERE For the Fried Rice Picture before the last[/url you will
get this CLICK HERE For The Fried Rice Picture Actually click on this and see, it works.

So, links may or may not have [/color][color=blue]AT THE ENDS OF THE COMPLETE URL LINK[/color][color=red] and Web stored Images to actually display have,

one at at each end.

NOTE: When it is done properly the [url or
color]

tancowgirl - I'm going to leave the image link you have above and I'm going to tell you how to fix it.

Right before the [/img] is a space - go back in a edit and take out the space - it will work then.

ELF, you keep telling us about these "big bucks". Being the nice, wonderful person you are, sharing with your DC friends who help make it possible, would be a nice Chrissy gesture. :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
I'm just selfish WayneT - what can I say!!! :mrgreen:

You can say, "Hi WayneT, I am sorry for being so sELFish, it won't happen again, and the cheque is in the mail!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom