Long script running?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My laptop has been running great with it. The large banner on top is gone, the one that often had Chinese/Japanese script in it.

I have been out of town for a spell. I suspect the issue is an app on a mobile platform. I have been speculating about gettin' one of them smartphones, but I haven't made the jump yet. Perhaps the app builder has an update that can address this issue.

I have been out of town for a spell. I suspect the issue is an app on a mobile platform. I have been speculating about gettin' one of them smartphones, but I haven't made the jump yet. Perhaps the app builder has an update that can address this issue.

I don't think that's it. I haven't seen the problem on my Android smartphone or my Samsung tablet, or my Windows laptop, either. Addie has seen it on her computer, though, and it was my impression that Pacanis, the OP, had the problem on a PC, too.

This just started happening to me today.

And its super annoying!

I am on a work computer so cant install stuff. Im on IE, not sure what version.

Ill have to stop participating, I guess. At least while at work ...

And it only happens here at DC

Last edited:
From keeping up with this thread it looks to be an Internet Explorer issue, other browsers and the apps seem unaffected.

Well this stinks. I had to uninstall S&P's Do not track me program. However it intertwined itself with my other ad block programs and AV on my laptop, it would not allow me to upload pics to photobucket. Weird.

So now I'm back to watching the page take forever to load because of the script in the main banner ad.

For what it's worth, we ran into the "long running script" error today on another vBulletin site I frequent. And just like DC, only people using Internet Explorer 10 were experiencing the problem.

The difference is, this particular site doesn't run any ads. So that would seem to indicate that the problem is not with the ads, but IE, or possibly vBulletin.

Has Windows Update released any IE patches lately?

Last edited:
Interesting. I recall my IT telling me some sites did not support the latest IE yet, but that was a while ago. And I do not recall any patches for IE that have arrived and changed something lately, nor any MS updates.

Here is a link to some tech talk about Patch Tuesday: July 2013 Patch Tuesday – Windows, IE, Flash, Shockwave and ColdFusion | Naked Security.

Even with my limited grasp of what Sophos posts (after all, I'm fluent in Culinary but not real good in Tech) I can understand some stuff. When I played on Facebook more I had the "Facecrooks" page "liked" to keep up with changes there. Started to get the RSS feed from Naked Security more as a "hey Honey, did you see this?" item than something I read and understand myself. Hope it helps.

I don't know if anything was addressed, but the forum is working perfectly this morning.

Its stopped running for me too.

Thanks if someone fixed it!

If you look at the bottom, there is a line that wasn't there before about Browser Mode IE10 Document Mode IE7. Sounds like a fixer to me.

Jenny, did you read my post about Trina? Becky sent us an email regarding her death. :angel:

You guys using IE, who no longer have the problem, did you install the updates for IE? Are you on auto update for IE?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom