"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I know there are other folks here who use this app too, 'cause I learned about it here. It's a great way to organize grocery lists, especially if there is more than one person who uses the lists. This one is instantly updated and great when two people are shopping at the same time. OurGroceries

Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #52
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I know there are other folks here who use this app too, 'cause I learned about it here. It's a great way to organize grocery lists, especially if there is more than one person who uses the lists. This one is instantly updated and great when two people are shopping at the same time. OurGroceries
I love that app. When I get in the car to leave for home from work, I will usually just text my wife and tell her I'm stopping at the store on the way home, and if there's anything she needs just add it to "the list".

By the time I get to the store, the grocery list on my phone is already updated with everything she added.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

That is kind of cool.
Being that it's just me I keep my lists on a notepad app of sorts. But I admit sometimes I jot them down on a post-it and stick it in my pocket.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I love that app. When I get in the car to leave for home from work, I will usually just text my wife and tell her I'm stopping at the store on the way home, and if there's anything she needs just add it to "the list".

By the time I get to the store, the grocery list on my phone is already updated with everything she added.
Stirling has been updating that list at the website. Now that he has a SIM card for his tablet, he will be able to use the app at the store.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #55
Head Chef

"Exactly. I don't see why Addie or the other poster above feel it's necessary to insult people who choose to embrace new technology."

Steve I'm sorry if you feel my post was insulting. It wasn't intended that way. I was playing with your post to express some views on smart phones. I don't see where Addie insulted anyone either. She expressed her view about some folks needing the latest and greatest a nanosecond after it hits the market. I tend to agree with her.
I'm happy that you choose to embrace new technology. I simply pointed out it's not for everyone. I'm included in that group. So excuse my if I pull over for a moment to look at a map or wait until later to see something on the web.
And on the subject of insults. I don't think it was very kind of you to use the horse and buggy line simply because someone wants to use a browser they are comfortable with and feels no need for the bell and whistles a smart phone offers.

I'd like to apologize to any and all who feel I've offended them. There was no intent to do so. I'm glad you're enjoying your devices. They just aren't for me at this point in my life. I really am happy without it. I have no want or need for it. Call me backward, close minded, simple minded, anything you'd like.(Just don't call me late for dinner) I'll keep poking away with my old desktop on dial up using and antiquated browser with a smile on my face.

Now back to the topic.
Any word on getting rid of the long script issue with IE?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #56
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The Techs are looking at and working on the problem.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #57
Wine Guy

Quote:
I'd like to apologize to any and all who feel I've offended them. There was no intent to do so.
I apologize as well. I just found myself a little agitated by Addie's comment alleging that people who buy into new technologies are somehow less "smart" than those who don't.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't rely 100% on new technology. For example, if you look in the storage area behind the seat in my car, you'll find a 2006 Rand McNally Atlas. I figure it might come in handy should I ever find myself in the middle of nowhere with a dead cellphone battery.

I don't own a spare horse, though.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #58
Chef Extraordinaire

And you can't start a fire with a cell phone, but an atlas would work great.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #59
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Name:   kumbaya.gif
Views: 44
Size:  45.3 KB

Now that we have that past us, let's just use this thread to post about the current page load issue please. we are working to trouble shoot this and it clearly only affects those using IE. Until it's solved please bear with us. :)
Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #60
Certified Pretend Chef

Different strokes for different folks.

Time to move on.

I have not experienced a of the issues with the offending script.