"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #51
Senior Cook

It occurs to me, that "Ranking" is irrelevant, WE are a COLLECTIVE GROUP of friends, and fellow, Culinarians. As a "Team", Family, Group, Friends' (please don't ban me) (But I think it is Far more important, (the Validity of the Data Deliniated) (a oppossed to, ie. "yeah, I posted 12,000 tomes about my car) (Example given) (Yet I Understand, the process of what is trying to be done here) Atomic Jed! (Said) Vote 5 Stars for DC!!! 70.3 (more and WE WE Advance to 6th!US!!! TEAM!!! Friends!!!!

Old 03-21-2005, 02:26 AM   #52
Head Chef

To tell you the truth I've never even bothered looking at titles or post counts, I just don't care. But I like the idea of the cute ones that are up there now. I see nothing wrong with adding the titles, it's the norm on nearly every other message board out there and nothing to get all choked up about.

I won't be participating in thread that I wouldn't normally post on to boost my count, I don't assume that someone with a lowish post count doesn't have relative information to share and I don't believe that those with super high post counts have any secret knowledge that the rest of us don't. Matter of fact I hardly pay attention to who posts what, my focus is on the content of what's being said. /shrug

It's all in fun. Why not acknowledge those with the gift of gab with a cute title?

Z

Old 03-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #53
Senior Cook

Yes, Zereh, (yet I ponder, Imagine, anyone of us, just Proudly got a Culinary Institute Certification, "Posted" here with Us, for the first time, And is "Ranked" "Grease" drainer" (ala, (only 1 post) I have driven on Icy roads to get to grocery store to, answer a persons question on here 2 years ago, Me reading ingredient labels, while others were frantic to go. I have been "head Chef" at a restuarant yet, are we to to be "Ranked" on our culinary skills and knowledge that WE Share Cumalitivly , merely by our "number of posts"? (just an observation, and opinion) (Gotta Love US!!!!) Atomic Jed!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #54
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Well once we have some other things taken care of we will try a 90 beta test of a Karma system. This is a way to awknowledge and thank those that contribute to the community. Then I'd like to figure out a way to use a members tenure, karma points and post count (secret formula) to create some more perks for "contributing members" like more Private Message space, a bigger avatar, custom title & more... But it will take a while to get there and refine the formula, etc... But you should get the theory from that...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #55
Senior Cook

......it just gets worse......
Old 03-21-2005, 07:19 PM   #56
Certified Executive Chef

I believe I got promoted???? I am now classified as Certified Executive Chef WOW to whom do I owe this prestigious title to: thank you, I want to thank my supporters, my mother and father, my daughter.........
Old 03-21-2005, 07:42 PM   #57
Executive Chef

Quit being a wet blanket, Darkstream! This website isn't going to **** just because titles are being awarded on the basis of posts or karma or whatever. I could care less what title I get, why should you?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #58
Senior Cook

Awww, it's kind of cute! I made it past the dishwasher!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #59
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
Arrow Please listen to my idea on Title Ranking

Ok, i know im the new kid on the block. But, i have an idea. First off i do not agree with new people or under 50 posts being called Grease Trap Cleaners!! lol. Im hoping that was a Joke! Cause this here girl cleans no Grease Traps for anyone hahahha. Ok to my idea........ The owner of DC or Administrator could come up with a College Culinary Arts Test. For volunteers ONLY!! Or the people that want a ranking. And, it would depend on your scores, to what rank you recieved. I feel the number of posts should be by your name. But, it should not count against you for not posting as much as the next person. I seen a posting yesterday that said only "DITTO", if i wanted to i could sit all day on here and get the highest score of anyone with the word Ditto. Haha. Anyways, thanks for listening. Just giving my opinion and ideas.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
As you can see Heat you cannot just make posts that say just ditto or just quote a post as you did with the one that I deleted. You see, this forum is moderated and that kind of posting will not go on here. So your theory is foiled - with heavy duty

And if you'll notice - those were all suggestions - that is not what we are doing now - you are Assistant Cook I believe - and remember - this is "virtual" cooking so there can only be "virtual" grease trap cleaning.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote