"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 03-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #71
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
Wink Very funny Atomic Jed

Hahahahha Atomic Jed your funny! But sometimes the toaster knob is so wrong Hahahhaha. And, when are we gonna have our chili cookoff AJ? Huh?? Mine will be better than yours. Na na nanny BOO BOO! Just Joking! Please vote 5 stars for DC!! I just did!!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #72
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcooks
It's all in fun anyway isn't it. If anyone feels the need to make it to the 'next' level, it's not really hurting anything or anyone.
anywhere near chyenne????

Old 03-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #73
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat
Hahahahha Atomic Jed your funny! But sometimes the toaster knob is so wrong Hahahhaha. And, when are we gonna have our chili cookoff AJ? Huh?? Mine will be better than yours. Na na nanny BOO BOO! Just Joking! Please vote 5 stars for DC!! I just did!!
If people in Florida don't know how to make real BBQ sauce - how ya' gonna' make a bowl of red?

As Foghorn Leghorn said to the young chicken hawk ... that's a yolk son ...
Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire

great, now every time i read a post by mike/ft worth i'm gonna hear ol' foghorn leghorn. "i said, i said, now hold on there boy. don't rush things, let the ladies have a look see"...
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:02 AM   #75
Senior Cook

Red face

Ok Michael or (Mr. Texas Foghorn) hahahha! Im sure someone in Fla can make BBQ Sause!! But, Chili is a big ordeal with Atomic Jed and I, we are both competitive and great chefs. But, we both think our Chili is the best hahaha. I know you Michael coming from Texas you think yours is the BEST. If you want we will invite you to our Atomic Jed/Heat Cookoff. Hahahah and I'll show both you guys whos chili is the BEST!!! THE HEAT IS ON!! LOL
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #76
Senior Cook

I Capitulate! (I'm gonna go buy Hormel Chili at the store, then Run like the dickens to the creek!!! hahaha! (281.2 More 5 Star votesand WE are 3rd!!! Atomic Jed!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:40 PM   #77
Contest Winner

Cool

I want to know how many till I am an Iron Chef 7500? everyone wants to be and Iron Chef
Old 03-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #78
Master Chef

Heat, I guess Dad was right when he said there are 4 things you never discuss with "foreigners" (folks not born and raised in TX): religion, politics, BBQ and Chili

My comment on FL BBQ sauce came from laughing about an experience I had when I was attending a 2-week class in Jacksonville several years ago. One of the guys in class took me to lunch at a place one day that advertised themselves as serving "Real TX BBQ". Let's just say whoever made that claim had never been to TX - it was Carolina BBQ (pork with a mustard based sauce - not beef with a tomato based sauce). Honestly, I had never seen "yellow" BBQ sauce before in my life.

TRIVIA: The world's first Drive-In was The Pig Stand and opened in Dallas, TX in 1921. They served BBQ pork with the traditional tomato based sauce.

As for putting my chili up against someone elses in a contest ... naw. The best chili I ever had was in San Antonio, second best was in El Paso, third best was about 1970 when I went to the Chili cookoff in Terlingua, TX. If you ever try Rick Fowler's 2-Alarm chili mix and Carroll Shelby's chili kit ... mine falls somewhere inbetween.

I take my cooking seriously - just don't get contest fanatical about it!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #79
Senior Cook

Smile Hahahaha

Michael, i hear ya on the yellow BBQ sause.!! But, my BBQ sause is red too!! And, i have a feeling i make my chili Texan style Hahahaha. But, born in Indiana, raised in Florida. My momma was a Chef for 26 Years in a Popular Restraunt. She taught all of her 8 children everything she knew about cookin'. But, all and all i think im more Southern Cooking Chef . But, i dont go as far as hog jaws and fatback hahahha EWWWWWW!! Yuk!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:42 PM   #80
Senior Cook

Okay Atomic Jed

Now i know, where your gonna get your chili for our cook-off!! Thats not fair.!! So yeah you better run to the Crik. (Its Crik remember, not creek) Hahahah. If i dont catch ya, your momma will for me!!