Mobile Browsing and ads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am curious. If I am browsing the forum with a mobile device and decide to let it download the app that is supposed to make viewing better with phones, tablets and the like... if I don't like it can I simply uninstall the app? Will the forum always try to run using that app if it was installed and bungy things up because I know longer want to use it?

And as an aside, has anyone noticed how the banner ads so closely follow our patterns? Almost in a Big Brother kind of way :ermm:
A couple weeks ago I was browsing Amazon daily for pots, talking about pots, and every banner ad until today has been for one pot or another. Circulon mostly, which is what I ended up getting... :ermm::ermm:
And now they are about Sous Vide cooking appliances :ermm::ermm::ermm: I haven't even looked into those, only replying to the thread.

Do you still see those banner ads with mobile browsing if you install the app, or does it block them to neaten up the page?

Thanks for any help or insight.

I really like the DC app for iPad/iPhone. And yes, you can easily uninstall it, it's still available in the iTunes store. I would imagine it's similar with Android. You can choose to not use the app and still leave it on your devices. And if it's being quirky, it's easy to uninstall then reinstall it.

The app has no ads. It also lacks a few of the features of the regular site, but then I just bring up the regular site if I need to. I have not yet figured out how to do multi quotes on either :blush:

Banner ads actually DO monitor your browsing habits!

I say go for it, Pac, get the app!
To multi-quote, simply click the "multi" buttons on the posts you want to quote, then click the reddish-highlighted "post reply" button at the bottom of the thread.

To multi-quote, simply click the "multi" buttons on the posts you want to quote, then click the reddish-highlighted "post reply" button at the bottom of the thread.

Thank you! I've tried that on the website on the iPad, and for some reason it won't do it. The app doesn't have that capability, at least what I've seen. My next step is to try it on the PC, where it will probably work. I hope. I don't use the PC much anymore since getting the iPad.

On the android app, you tap the little down arrow ("actions"), choose "select", do this on multiple posts, then tap the menu hardware button on the phone and choose "multi quote"

I'm not sure how this would work on an iPhone, since there isn't a hardware menu type button.

Graham Kerr, my hero. The first cook I used to watch on TV! :w00t2:
How do you manage only .875 posts per year?
Good to see you!

Graham Kerr, my hero. The first cook I used to watch on TV! :w00t2:
How do you manage only .875 posts per year?
Good to see you!

+1!

The best on TV, I would rush home from school to watch!

Last edited:
Thank you! I've tried that on the website on the iPad, and for some reason it won't do it. The app doesn't have that capability, at least what I've seen. My next step is to try it on the PC, where it will probably work. I hope. I don't use the PC much anymore since getting the iPad.

Works great on the iPad as long as you are in the full site.

I've tried it many times in the full site, it might be the VZ connection. Even the Thanks post is glitchy. It shows up as a tiny partial, then disappears.

I'll give it a shot on the PC.

Last edited:
Oh no Dwag! It works great on mine. I wasn't sure it was working but, when I pressed multi on a couple of different and then quote on the last one they all showed up for me. I wish I was there so we could trouble shoot together.

Heck, it's not just iPads. Ever since I got my new laptop DC has been glitchy at best. It must be something to do with Win7.
I can only use the Quick Reply half the time and usually need to use the full reply or it will bounce me.

Heck, it's not just iPads. Ever since I got my new laptop DC has been glitchy at best. It must be something to do with Win7.
I can only use the Quick Reply half the time and usually need to use the full reply or it will bounce me.

:LOL: It's ALIVE! I just multi quoted!

Last edited:
So.........was it the device or was it you? :huh:

Device, I'd like to think. I'd hit the multi quote and did what I was supposed to on the regular site numerous times, this time it worked! Yay! I think it might be my iffy internet, I get a lot of "timed out" messages. Life in the country.

Last edited:
i do 99% of my "dcing" from my phone ... easy to up load pics ..

That is my favorite thing about using the iPhone app. So easy to put pictures on your replies. I'm not sure how to do it with my iPad yet. Dawg, how do I do it?

That is my favorite thing about using the iPhone app. So easy to put pictures on your replies. I'm not sure how to do it with my iPad yet. Dawg, how do I do it?

Do you have the iPad that takes pics? I have the older model that doesn't. As I understand, you go to your iTunes store on your PC, plug in your iphone, (or iPad, if you took your pics with it) and sync. Then it syncs via the Cloud....et voila, the pics end up on both devices!

If I grab pics from FB, I can send them from my iPad. If I post pics that I just took, I use my iPhone. My camera roll is able to sync between both.

Do you have the iPad that takes pics? I have the older model that doesn't. As I understand, you go to your iTunes store on your PC, plug in your iphone, (or iPad, if you took your pics with it) and sync. Then it syncs via the Cloud....et voila, the pics end up on both devices!

If I grab pics from FB, I can send them from my iPad. If I post pics that I just took, I use my iPhone. My camera roll is able to sync between both.

I have an iPad that takes pictures, but my iPhone is older and I don't think it can sync with the iPad via iCloud. Maybe I need to get the app again on the iPad and see if I can upload pictures like I can on the iPhone. I have an iPad that has two cameras, so I can also do Skype and FaceTime. Pretty cool!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom