My Avatar!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
I have lost my avatar! I cant get it back either. Where it say Delete avatar..... its checked! And I cant UNCHECK IT! Plus Under profile picture....... well what the heck is that? HELLLPPPP!!! :-(

Last edited:
So is the picture under Profile thingy what you want as your avatar?

I checked and it seems like everything SHOULD work. Try it again.

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

I cant uncheck it!!!!! :cry:

And under EDIT PROFILE PICTURE I get this:

Your Current Profile Picture
image.php
Delete current profile picture?

Custom Profile PictureYou may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.Enter Profile Picture URL:
Upload a Profile Picture From Your Computer:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).HELP!!!!!!!!!!:-( :-(

OK, what I get when I look at it is that your picture is too large for an avatar. Everything looks like it is OK. Try resetting everything and trying again. It SHOULD work.

Sorry for the trouble. I am not that good at this stuff either.

Sorry Alix...... it still wont let me UNclick the "Do not use avatar" button. :-( I have tried everything.

When I go under "edit profile picture" I can upload my old avatar and others too. But I just cant uncheck that DARN "do not use avatar" button. :mad:

I'm baffled. Everywhere I look your profile seems OK. Try logging off the site and back on again. Thats all I can think of. I will PM GB and see if he is better at this than I am.

I tried to upload your avatar from my computer, but I got the following message:

The uploaded image is too large. This user's permissions limits him/her to maximum dimensions of -1 by -1.

That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I think MJ or Kitchenelf may need to wave their magic wand. I will let them know of the situation and hopefully they will be able to fix it.

I got the same thing. I started a thread asking about that, and the reply I got from kitchenelf was that the ability to post new avatars hasn't been activated yet. I have one that I designed that I want to use. I'm patiently waiting.

AllenMI said:
I got the same thing. I started a thread asking about that, and the reply I got from kitchenelf was that the ability to post new avatars hasn't been activated yet. I have one that I designed that I want to use. I'm patiently waiting.
Is that the one you wanted?

HEY I TRIED to post a new thread.... and it said that THIS site is NOT accepting NEW posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on???!!!!!!!
12.gif

And the site is VERY slow today.

What gives??!!

Back
Top Bottom