"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Head Chef

Need help with forums

I just flew back to Vegas from Michigan yesterday and my computer is showing a different view of the topics on this forum. When I click on the DC icon from my other computer, all of the recent subject from ALL of the sites comes up. From this computer I get the individual sites and have to click on all of them one by one to see what everyone is talking about on the other forums . Can you understand what I'm trying to say? I'm having a hard time describing the problem.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Executive Chef

I navigate DC from the Discuss Cooking Community > Search Forums page by selecting Today's Posts from the Quick Links drop down menu.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
I navigate DC from the Discuss Cooking Community > Search Forums page by selecting Today's Posts from the Quick Links drop down menu.
That did it! Thank you so much.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
That did it! Thank you so much.
Fa niente - de nada
Old 09-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
I just flew back to Vegas from Michigan yesterday and my computer is showing a different view of the topics on this forum. When I click on the DC icon from my other computer, all of the recent subject from ALL of the sites comes up. From this computer I get the individual sites and have to click on all of them one by one to see what everyone is talking about on the other forums . Can you understand what I'm trying to say? I'm having a hard time describing the problem.
Sure I understand what you are saying. Your two computers are set up to link to different pages. One (the other computer) is set up to link to the "portal" page (www.discusscooking.com) and the one you posted this from is linking to the "forums" page (www.discusscooking.com/forums).

If you want to link to the portal page, simply edit the URL in your link and remove the "/forums" portion.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW View Post
Sure I understand what you are saying. Your two computers are set up to link to different pages. One (the other computer) is set up to link to the "portal" page (www.discusscooking.com) and the one you posted this from is linking to the "forums" page (www.discusscooking.com/forums).

If you want to link to the portal page, simply edit the URL in your link and remove the "/forums" portion.
Thanks Michael, but I did what justplainbill told me to do and it worked. Now I have to figure out what the heck happened to my font and why it keeps changing back to Verdana. I HATE Verdana, but I can't keep Book Antiqua. I think my batteries in my mouse are running low.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Drama Queen - What Browser are you using?

AC
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Thanks Michael, but I did what justplainbill told me to do and it worked.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Sorry, DQ - I thought you were wondering why your two computers came up to different pages - and I thought you were wanting to set them so they would both link to the same page - without having to click on something extra on one computer to get to the same place you get without having to do that on the other computer. Silly me.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:03 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW View Post
Sorry, DQ - I thought you were wondering why your two computers came up to different pages - and I thought you were wanting to set them so they would both link to the same page - without having to click on something extra on one computer to get to the same place you get without having to do that on the other computer. Silly me.
That's what I thought, too, Michael
What bill said is a great way to navigate the site, but I don't see how it gets both PCs to open to the same page....
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Bookmark the same starting page on both PC's