New Chat Feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This forum runs so well thanks to great software and even greater mods and admins. So if it makes us be a little more creative with the occasional word censor oddity, I still appreciate that we don't have to wade through gross or profane posts. (OK, except the ones I post.)

it seems to trigger only the lead edge of a word, whereas "circumvent" does not elicit a response even with the (offending bit) in caps.

Excellent! I just talked with BT, Kadesma, Saphellae, Dolly and a couple of others!

Very cool!

Lee

Sure JoAnn - there is a box at the bottom of the page - click in that box to place your curser there - when you type something just hit the "Enter" key - it will then post to the screen.

I went on but I didn't know what to do.:rolleyes: I have never done this before. Can someone help me? Thanks.
when you get in there, relax and type and answer at your own speed..You can scroll back to catch up..don't worry if you ask a question and it goes by, just ask again someone will see and answer..take a deep breath and have fun..If you want I'll meet you there and we can give it a try.
kades

From my understanding, this is a common problem with most chats. The Tech Admin has been made aware of the issue.

actually the Dedicated chat server I offered (for free) before, doesn`t have any of these issues, and suffers little to No downtime at all.

in fact I`m logged onto a chatroom on that server 24/7 and have only been dropped once in the last 9 days.

the offer`s still open anyway.

It all depends on the amount of traffic versus the available bandwidth the user has. Someone on dial up will lag quicker than someone on cable. Not much tech support can do about that.
If, on the other hand, it lags every time it goes above a certain number of people, then assigning more bandwidth to it should solve the problem. So far for me I have not seen it lag, and I am on 10Mbps cable.

ircd.blackcobalt.net is the server I use in the UK, but the Main server is: ircd.oppresses.us.

it`s Very Stable, and has been around for Many years, it`s Also free and Very easy to use, it`s also linkable via a JavaScript client (as we do on my Home forum), as well as X-Chat or MIRC.
it`s also Undedicated.

Last edited:
OK all, just a reminder that the rules at the Chat site are the same as they are over here. We have younger members who access the Chat site so please be mindful of that. Parents, just think about what you would want your kids reading. Thanks all.

when i click on quick links either nothing happens are it just goes to forum topics. whats upbabe

i logged completely out and then back in and now the feature is working. any idea why?

babe:wacko:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom