New forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Does anyone think a new forum for "side dishes" would be helpful? I often know what I want to make as a main dish, but side dishes are hard to come up with. I often find myself hopping around to several forums on here to come up with a side dish (potatoes, rice, pasta, salads, etc.)...so for me it would be much easier to go to one forum. Thoughts?

:angry: I just had to use this smiley, it cracks me up:mrgreen:

Thats a good idea Amber.:) We are also looking to split up some of the other forums and add sub-forums. Any idea's?

MJ said:
Thats a good idea Amber.:) We are also looking to split up some of the other forums and add sub-forums. Any idea's?

I cant think of anything for subforums at the moment, but I would like to ask two things. These are questions for admins as well as all members. Would anyone like to see a chatroom on here, if that is even possible? Or do you think that would detract from people posting in the forums?

And second, is there a calendar link on here? I cant find it if there is one. On another forum that I belong too (not cooking related) they have an area at the bottom of the main page that says who is celebrating their birthday today. It's a nice feature this way we can all post to whomever is having a birthday.

amber said:
I cant think of anything for subforums at the moment, but I would like to ask two things. These are questions for admins as well as all members. Would anyone like to see a chatroom on here, if that is even possible? Or do you think that would detract from people posting in the forums?

And second, is there a calendar link on here? I cant find it if there is one. On another forum that I belong too (not cooking related) they have an area at the bottom of the main page that says who is celebrating their birthday today. It's a nice feature this way we can all post to whomever is having a birthday.
sounds great Amber.:clap: ..I'd go for that..
kadesma

SierraCook said:
I have always wished that casseroles was a sub-form. :)
Great idea! Maybe I can start a thread and we can discuss our opinions on sub-category's.:cool:

I would like to see "Jokes" as a sub forum. This would save the hassle of opening up
a particular topic only to find out it is a joke. Likewise if one `wants a bit of cheering up
one could go straight to the "Jokes" section without scanning through all the other
threads looking for one that is a cheer-me-up
.:LOL:

I hope the above makes sense!

I inquired yesterday on here about a birthday calendar and have just noticed "todays birthdays" at the bottom of the page. Is that new or did I just never notice it? I could sware I never saw that before. Anyway, thats a good feature to have, I can say happy birthday to everyone!

That was one of the features of the new software.
amber said:
I inquired yesterday on here about a birthday calendar and have just noticed "todays birthdays" at the bottom of the page. Is that new or did I just never notice it? I could sware I never saw that before. Anyway, thats a good feature to have, I can say happy birthday to everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom