New subjects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
The only things I miss about the old food network board are subjects specifically dealing with helping new cooks/chefs. One was what to do with something you've bought or been given (a spice, for example) and the other was substitutions (I have a recipe calling for this, what can I use that is in my kitchen now?). I often find myself doing this in my own grocery store, and thoroughly enjoyed helping others -- and getting help -- on those two lines. Both questions are too general to fit into any other category you have going now; somehow they should be able to fit together into one. I learned a lot from them, and feel that we helped a lot of "newbies" to cooking on them. You know, someone who got a spice rack full of spices as a present, someone who didn't want to buy a lot of one thing they'd never use again.

I agree Claire. Those categories were great. They were often the ones I learned from the most. I don't know if they will ever add those here, but people can always post things like that in the General category.

You can post a question in the Miscellaneous categories also.

Back
Top Bottom