Odd link appearing in posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I mentioned this yesterday and am apparently the only one getting this, then it disappeared, but I was on a different computer. Well this time I took a screenshot of it.
It's a word that is in red font and underlined. When you put your mouse over it an advertisement appears.

Is this a DC thing or has some weird advertising program invaded my computer that is only affecting DC and not my other frequented forums?

And if DC has suddenly allowed these advertising links to appear randomly in posts, I am wondering if that has been the root of all the recent glitches nobody can seem to put a finger on.

Attachments

• dc screenshot.jpg
    dc screenshot.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 234
So if you aren't logged in we run adwords to gain extra advertising from anonymous users.

You likely have one of those infections that does this. Good luck getting rid of it if you do, they can be persistent.

So if you aren't logged in we run adwords to gain extra advertising from anonymous users.

You likely have one of those infections that does this. Good luck getting rid of it if you do, they can be persistent.

Acckk!
Off to run a series of malware programs. I wonder where I got this one :(

Z, that program does not work with my browser. I looked before when Steve mentioned it. Thanks.

Firefox...best thing I ever did.

Of course if I want to work from home I have to use IE, but there I don't have to futz with ads.

I guess so.
I've run the usual programs and did find a bug or two, but it's still there.
Looks like I'll have to dig deeper. What exactly is this ad program called you are running? It should help me to disable it if I can do a direct search.

I guess so.
I've run the usual programs and did find a bug or two, but it's still there.
Looks like I'll have to dig deeper. What exactly is this ad program called you are running? It should help me to disable it if I can do a direct search.

I have that too. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I will keep watching the thread to see if someone comes up with a fix.

It seems the fix is getting rid of the ad malware our PCs picked up. It's not on my laptop, just my tower, so Frank was right, it's on our end. DC isn't recognizing we are logged in because of that malware.

try running malware bytes. It's a free download and a good place to start.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Been there done that. It was one of three things I ran, including adaware and avg.
That's why I was hoping you could disclose the type of ad it's called, so it would be easier for me to do a direct search on disabling it or finding the bug that is allowing it to run.

I use IE, Hoot.
If you want to know why do a search on the past threads I've posted in where there's been a problem. It gets redundant for us IE users to have to explain ourselves whenever there's a glitch with this forum ;^)

The scan is finished and found 78 infected files and it now fixing them. I hope. If this does not fix my ad problem I will look into the link posted by Hoot for removing Text Enhanced Malware. This is a pain, especially since I have no idea what I'm doing. LOL

It says everything is fixed, and there are 12 items in quarrantine, most of them adware and 1 trojan. What should I do with them? It says I can delete them. Will that mean they are no longer on my pc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom