Official Practice Thread for Posting Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
subfuscpersona said:
I've noticed that you can directly upload a photo from your personal computer as part of a post to DC. It becomes an attachment that is part of your post.

This seems easier than uploading your photo(s) to an alternative web site and then linking to it in your post.

I wonder if an admin could explain the pros and cons of each approach?

For example, I'm assuming that an uploaded image that's attached to your post will never "disappear" from your DC post- this would be a definite plus. On the other hand, you don't appear to be able to "reuse" photos that were attached in one post in a subsequent post - this is kinda a minus.

Inquiring minds plus the idly curious want to know...
The good thing about using imageshack or other hosts is - they store the pic on their site and we don't waste any space here. Bandwidth = $$$ while hotlinking is free. Another thing about using a host is, your picture won't last forever. The pic you post here using imageshack will turn into the dreaded red X after some time.

If you directly upload your pics here as an attachment in your post from your computer, they will stay here forever.

So I guess the best thing for DC members is to upload attachments in our posts like maidrite does. That way we know our pics will always be here for good.:)

img_399217_0_4fa28eab4858456aba40e4b7c2bb59bb.jpg

Buck said:
What the heck is that, YT? I can't quite get it.

it`s what I woke up to one morning several years ago, I was drying out some Rocket Fuel, I think something went wrong:ermm::angel::ROFLMAO:

07768.jpg
Testing attachment feature

Now, to figure out where, how to resize?

Goodweed, the bikini bird was my avatar some time ago. I have the 'recipe' if your interested :LOL:

Last edited:
What happened? My pics disappeared?

post_old.gif
Today, 04:34 AM #49 mish vbmenu_register("postmenu_399320", true);
Certified Executive Chef
Profile: Posts: 3,966

2449d1171283551-official-practice-thread-for-posting-pictures-07768.jpg
Testing attachment feature

Now, to figure out where, how to resize?

Goodweed, the bikini bird was my avatar some time ago. I have the 'recipe' if your interested :LOL:

Last edited by mish : Today at 04:43 AM.

Can't edit. Okay, I'm going back to Image Shack.

Hey, Mud, curious, how did you resize? TIA.

mish said:
Can't edit. Okay, I'm going back to Image Shack.

Hey, Mud, curious, how did you resize? TIA.

mish, I did it thru Image Shack - they have a range of size choices. I was wondering about size too when "just" doing an attachment. Will have to 'speriment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom