Our new logo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas everyone. The new logo looks great. Just an idea for the online store is magnets with the logo, to go along with the aprons and coffee cups. Like I said, just a thought. Good job to everyone.

The design of the logo....as you say "needs tweaking". Main ideas are excellent. Comments: The typeface perhaps the same family. The font in different sizes. And the tag: Discover Cooking Discuss Life..perfect. Perhaps upper and lower case. Tweak the "fit" when the site is opened the complete masthead is not visible. Perhaps reduce the type point size. Most everyone has a style. Comments just offered as observation from a DC member with 26 years of teaching in Department of Art at college level.

Christmas has come and gone...............working on a new logo I hope?:)

i'm not sure if my drift is being gotten (had?).

i'm quite upset that blonde haired, blue eyed people were not represented in the logo. we cook too, ya know.

:)

Folks please take a step back. The color change was not intentional and was not meant as a slap to anyone. Andy added some graphics to the logo for the holiday season. It was meant to bring holiday cheer, not negative feelings. When he added the graphics an older revision of the logo must have been pulled by accident. When he takes the graphics down I am sure you will see the original logo. This really does not need to be a big deal.

buckytom said:
i'm not sure if my drift is being gotten (had?).

i'm quite upset that blonde haired, blue eyed people were not represented in the logo. we cook too, ya know.

I catch your drift alright!I know the feeling! changes in the skin and hair and eye colours just the way our original logo (like on my mug that I am so proud of and use every morning for my cuppa)made me wonder.The christmassy bits are great though.

I think the site administrators are still testing things out. Just give them time for the final product. Nothing is official yet!:chef:

OK everyone - did anyone bother to read GB's post above? lol Sometimes it pays to read.

#1 - the logo was decided on awhile ago and we have been using it
#2 - This logo was drug out of the closet ONLY to decorate for Christmas
#3 - Christmas decorations in MOST homes stay up until January 1st
#4 - Did anyone read GB's post above?
#5 - repeat steps 1-4

:cool:

kitchenelf said:
OK everyone - did anyone bother to read GB's post above? lol Sometimes it pays to read.

#1 - the logo was decided on awhile ago and we have been using it
#2 - This logo was drug out of the closet ONLY to decorate for Christmas
#3 - Christmas decorations in MOST homes stay up until January 1st
#4 - Did anyone read GB's post above?
#5 - repeat steps 1-4

:cool:

Guilty as charged Kitchenelf! Sorry, should have read GB's post! Now I see what's happening. Thanks, and BTw, liked the step by step info on the logo, it's so precise!

I really like the new logo. I've never seen your old logo, so I can't compare though. The new one looks very professional. Nice blend of cartoon with professional cooking.

Glad you picked up on that corazon! We actually had quite a few logos we were looking at and then once we picked the basic design type we tweaked it so that it showed (or so we hoped) the different types of people here. We feel this logo really does a great job of showing the warm and welcoming feeling you get when you come here.

I don't think I'm represented... :(

Well it would certainly be impossible to represent every single type of person here Sean and that was not our intent, otherwise the logo would have to be thousands of people and obviously that would not work. I am fairly confident that there are some (at least one) aspects of the logo that fit you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom