Our new logo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
Well after going through lots of input from the moderation team and the our admins, a new logo has been made for DiscussCooking.com. The tagline was even discuss here on the forums and incorporated into the design. A special thanks goes out to all those who participated in the tagline contest (made submissions or voted) and helped by giveing input on the logo's design (admins & mods).

As this is really new look for some little tweaks as we refine things...

The plan is to get some shirts made and other fun things by setting up a CafePress.com site. I should have the store up in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Disscuss-Cooking(color)final.jpg
    Disscuss-Cooking(color)final.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Andy,
what a great new logo..It makes me so proud of this site and all of you who do all this for us.

Thanks so much.

kadesma:) who would wear a t-shirt proudly!!

How about a coffee cup with the logo too?
And aprons?
There are so many things!! Exciting!

I like it! It's very retro looking to me. I like the idea of people casually hanging out and enjoying a great dinner together. At least that is what the logo says to me. Very nice.

Great job, Andy!! You have done so much for us to have a nice place to come and enjoy new friends!! Thank you!!!
I agree with pds, apron and coffee cups. I like the big cups though, maybe have the normal sizes and large ones that hold about 8-10oz at a time??
Can't wait for the store. I'm always telling people about this place, now I can just advertise it :eek:)

i like the graphic, all kidding aside, but can we make at least one of them other than caucasian?

and don't make it the guy cooking. either the guy annoying the cook, or the drunken chef chick would be my choices.

Last edited:
Love the new logo! Also like the idea of an on-site store. Just remember that you'll also have some "plus-sized" bodies aboard who wear the size XXL to XXXL when making them up. Also bags (that you would carry books and stuff in), that would be good too as I am known to be a bag-a-holic.

I really like the new logo!!! Especially "Discover cooking. Discuss life" That's great!! Good job :clap:

I like how it shows the different kinds of people we have here at dc. There's the professional chef chick, the gal who likes to entertain, the guy who likes to cook at home and the guy who shows up purely for a good conversation. Nice job admins!

corazon90 said:
I like how it shows the different kinds of people we have here at dc. There's the professional chef chick, the gal who likes to entertain, the guy who likes to cook at home and the guy who shows up purely for a good conversation. Nice job admins!
Glad you picked up on that corazon! We actually had quite a few logos we were looking at and then once we picked the basic design type we tweaked it so that it showed (or so we hoped) the different types of people here. We feel this logo really does a great job of showing the warm and welcoming feeling you get when you come here.

:) ok, well since we're talking about the people in the graphic, can we make the guy stirring look like bono (like gb :cool: ), and can we make the chef chick a little shorter, fixing a plate of tuna tartare?

buckytom said:
:) ok, well since we're talking about the people in the graphic, can we make the guy stirring look like bono (like gb :cool: ), and can we make the chef chick a little shorter, fixing a plate of tuna tartare?
Yes Bucky, and maybe give her some braids. no, actually, changed my mind. Give the braids to the girl without a chef's hat, and make it a glass of white wine and it will probably be me!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: the guy annoying the chef looks so great please don't change him, he reminds me of one of my friends who is great at conversing when I am cooking and no hint gets him out of the kitchen, not even "I am a little bit busy right now"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom