Pop-Up Ads! Gr-r-r-r-r!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good example of why I love AdBlock Plus. Examples below of the same website both with and without it.

WITH AdBlock:
img_1391347_0_989ca274803ec5495c62e45de3c7b973.jpg

WITHOUT AdBlock:
img_1391347_1_b5091455693abf40fe5c2ee4895e95ff.jpg

Dude, I have Ad Block. Why am I seeing a huge Exxon Mobile ad banner on top of my CNN homepage when I already have Ad Block?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I have Ad Block. Why am I seeing a huge Exxon Mobile ad banner on top of my CNN homepage when I already have Ad Block?

In the example I posted, there is no Exxon ad when I have AdBlock turned on. So I don't know why you're seeing it.

I have mixed feelings about ads myself. On the one hand, nothing is more annoying than having to work your way through a bunch of ads to find the real content (and pop-up ads are the worst, by far, especially on a tablet or smartphone). But on the other hand, selling ads is what provides revenue for CNN and other FREE websites. If they were to eliminate ads tomorrow, then we would be paying for their service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe the number of extremely graphical ads on this site, especially considering someone is paying to have this forum online. All that visual junk makes the real board information take forever to load.

Pro Boards forums have a lot fewer ads, none of them are intrusive to the board information, and Pro Boards forums are free!
I don't know if it's the same where you are but on this side of the pond as well as the huge film adverts that obscure most of the screen we get some adverts which are bordering on the inappropriate, such as the one featuring semi-naked pneumatic females advertising the sort of "gentlemen"s game site that you wouldn't want your 15 year old sons to access!

Back
Top Bottom