"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 02-08-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Posting Times

I note that the time displayed for when a posting was entered it is in a format that is a little confusing.

Being use to uaing military time, 0000 Hrs. to 2359 Hrs., for over 50 years the 02:43PM should be displayed as 1443. Like wise, 2:00AM would be displayed as 0243.

I see this 02:43 PM way of posting times on other sites and don't have any idea how it came to be.

I feel it would be more consistat to use either the 24 hour system or the 12 hour system. Just don't mix them.

TIA,
Charlie

Old 02-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
Everymom

Hungry, I laughed a bit when I read your post. I think in 24 hour clock too so I always have to think a bit when I read posting times here. I think the extra 0 you sometimes see is just a computer thing. Not much we can do with it unfortunately, thats how this bulletin board is set up. You and I will just have to muddle through.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
I think the extra 0 you sometimes see is just a computer thing. Not much we can do with it unfortunately, thats how this bulletin board is set up
Unfortunately vbulletin uses a feature built into php which makes removing the 0 extremely simple. To remove the 0 in the admin cp go vbulletin options >> date and time settings >> Format For Time, now in this box it should display something like this h:i A you want to change the h, to a g this will make it 12 hour time with out leading zeros.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Everymom

Geez jesse, way to make me look dumb! Seriously though, the owner might have those options but I don't. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Geez jesse, way to make me look dumb!
Well computers are what i know since thats the career path ive chosen. I would have been a chef but the pay stinks and it is much harder work and longer hours.

It is most likely the owner is the only one that can access the cpanel which is a good thing in a way that the administrators/mods don't destroy the site.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Time

Thanks for the responses.
I didn't think any thing could be done about it. But, you never know until you ask.

I can live with it.

Thanks again,
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_cool5
It is most likely the owner is the only one that can access the cpanel which is a good thing in a way that the administrators/mods don't destroy the site.
HEEEEYYY!! Whatsa that supposed to mean??? LOL! Thanks Jesse. Now that we know your career you may be getting all kinds of PMs for help.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Sous Chef

If it's any consolation, the 24 hour clock confuses the heck out of me!

I think I'd prefer a computerised sundial!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_cool5
Unfortunately vbulletin uses a feature built into php which makes removing the 0 extremely simple. To remove the 0 in the admin cp go vbulletin options >> date and time settings >> Format For Time, now in this box it should display something like this h:i A you want to change the h, to a g this will make it 12 hour time with out leading zeros.

I sure am glad that recipes don't have directions that that.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer021
I sure am glad that recipes don't have directions that that.
I thought what I wrote was pretty straight forward, next time ill make sure to add pictures. If you need help with a computer related problem just pm and I'll help when i see it.