Printing Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynan

Sous Chef
Is there any way we can print recipes off this site without all the non recipe script?? I know some places have a facility to do this but I cant see one here at all. Would be a great help!! ( Just so I can have the recipes in the kitchen for staff to read/use without wasting printer ink!!!:) )

I highlight the recipe I want to print - click print and on that page "selection". Only the part I highlight prints out.

That's what I do ChefJune. You can print anything you want by highlighting that part and press print then selection. Quicker and easier than copy and paste.

I had always copied and pasted onto microsoft works, then printed. I just learned a great thing here.

licia said:
I highlight the recipe I want to print - click print and on that page "selection". Only the part I highlight prints out.

Well, a big long duuuuuuuuuuuuh here licia. why didn't I think of that? and I sit in front of a computer all day, "processing" documents.

I was doing the fairly tedious copy/cut/paste into my special DC (Eat This) folder, when all I had to do to obtain fast, delicious copy was what you have been doing all along.

mudbug said:
Well, a big long duuuuuuuuuuuuh here licia. why didn't I think of that? and I sit in front of a computer all day, "processing" documents.

I was doing the fairly tedious copy/cut/paste into my special DC (Eat This) folder, when all I had to do to obtain fast, delicious copy was what you have been doing all along.

bug:

The difference is that with your method, you have a permanent copy on your computer where you can find it when you need it.

Licia's method is a good one and quicker. However, if you want to modify the recipe, you have to go find it again and "process" it into your Eat This folder so you can change it and print it.

I finally got most of my printed out recipes in folders last night. I have the most delightful collection of recipes. The only thing, I didn't include who the recipe was from in some of them and wish I had. I will have to live another 250 years to use them all. I did notice that I had made duplicates of some of them, but am including them in the books and if someone looking thru wants the extra copy, they can have it. I have a 3" notebook and 3 1" notebooks but haven't finished arranging them exactly right.

licia, I have been studiously attributing the sources of the wonderful recipes I've found here so I don't forget - I put the name of the originator right after the name of recipe.

Andy, of course you are right as usual, but I've found that I tend to use them more often if I've printed them out than if they are just lingering around on my hard drive.

mudbug said:
...but I've found that I tend to use them more often if I've printed them out than if they are just lingering around on my hard drive.

You can store them on the hard drive AND print them...

I do, Andrew!! But sometimes I'm in a hurry and just want the tangible directions right in my flour- or grease-covered hand. Lately I've been going for the quick-print method.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom