"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
Master Chef

I am using internet explorer and ONLY having problems here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
First, what browser are you using?

Second, based on a few quick google searches it looks like the url it can't find is related to an add company. It's possible that as the page is loading and add from this add company if failing to load and causing the entire page not to come up. Do you have scripts disable in your browser? Do you have add-ons that block ads and/or block ad scripts? If so, have you recently updated them? Have you recently installed any new software for the internet? Have you run a malware/spyware scan with something like spybot or adaware? Deleting cookies, cache, history, etc. is a good start but there are often temp files and cache files that browsers use that don't get removed through the regular browsing options, especially if you use any tool bars with your browsers. You might want to try running a program called CCleaner. It does a deeper scan and removal of temporary files used by the browser. You can also use a program called Advanced System Care that does the same sort of thing. Both of them have free versions and are pretty easy to use. If you need help downloading and running Spybot, AdAware, CCleaner or Advane System Care shoot me a pm. Also, once I know what browser you're running, if you need help figuring out if you have scripts disable or add-ons installed to block ads/ad scripts I can help with that also.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #12
Executive Chef

It's still possible that a particular add from the site has a lingering temp file or is interacting improperly with the browser. Do you have another browser installed that you could test the site from, just to help narrow down the problem? Also, do you know what ad-ons/settings you're using in IE? I have IE and a couple other browsers in addition to my standard Firefox so I'll try accessing the site from them on my system to see if I have any problems. What OS and version of IE are you using?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I'm not getting errors browsing for IE but it is ridiculously slow to load the pages and I noticed a lot of the individual ad boxes are coming up with the little symbol that says it's broken or just empty and blank. I don't have scripts disabled and the only ad block type thing I have is IE's built in pop-up blocker so there definitely seems to be something about the adds that doesn't work quite right with IE. I have to work at 11 but I'll do some more looking to see if can find anything else. You still might want to run a malware scanner and one or both of the other two programs I mentioned. IE loves to hide temp info where the user can't readily get rid of it.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I had no problem browsing the site in Chrome or Opera either. It seems to be just IE that doesn't like the ads.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So, LP, now my ridiculous problem has seemed to solved itself, and now you've got it. This is a tad spooky!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Sorry for the issues. This issue looks like a broken ad that is inside of Google AdSense. I think these things happen more on the weekends when they light on staff. I will let them know and they should have it pulled shortly.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thank You, Andy!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
Master Chef

Thank you Andy! Still having problems so I can't wait to have it run normally again :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Thanks Andy!