"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I had the same thing happen when I joined the forum. The forum default is set to (1) subscribe to every topic that you post within, and (2) notify you by email whenever there are any replies.

#1 is good, #2 not so good. I had about 150 emails waiting the first time I checked my email (every few days). I deleted them but I still got many dozens of email notifications.

I finally figured it out. You have to go to your notifications page and select every topic that has email notification set, and change them to not email. Even if you change your default setting it will only apply to new topics. The only you can fix this is to go over all old topics you posted in and change every one to "no email notification."

I eventually got it set that I receive no more emails from the forum.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you very much Greg :)

Your post has been very helpful and I will go and check a few things now

I am glad to hear that you got yours sorted out, 150 emails at a time, not great

Old 06-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
Executive Chef

My problem was related to topic replies. I'm not sure it parallels your profile comments or not. But good luck if your problem gets fixed. :)
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Cheers Greg
Old 06-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Click on User CP to find subscribed threads. If you have posted to the thread, you need to unsubscribe so you won't continue to get emails.
That is for the user CP, so that you can see what you have commented on/contributed to. There is a user setting that enables/disables Email notifications(sent to the registration email address you used when you signed up for DC). When you click on User CP, it helps to have the subscribed threads listed, especially if it is a thread you are following. However, getting an email every time someone replies to that thread, alerting New Activity, gets old fast.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #16
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
I had the same thing happen when I joined the forum. The forum default is set to (1) subscribe to every topic that you post within, and (2) notify you by email whenever there are any replies.

#1 is good, #2 not so good. I had about 150 emails waiting the first time I checked my email (every few days). I deleted them but I still got many dozens of email notifications.

I finally figured it out. You have to go to your notifications page and select every topic that has email notification set, and change them to not email. Even if you change your default setting it will only apply to new topics. The only you can fix this is to go over all old topics you posted in and change every one to "no email notification."

I eventually got it set that I receive no more emails from the forum.
Exactly, my bad, didn't see this thread was on a second page.