Question about Thanks notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
There is a member here that whenever they use the Thanks feature I get a PM notification with their Thanks comment and some DC jibber jabber. That is the only member this happens with. If anyone else thanks me I don't know they have unless I happen to be in my CP and look.

In this Thanks PM I happened to notice a link if I wanted the PM notification feature turned off. And sure enough, I followed the link to my details and it had a checkmark next to it.
screenshot.jpg

My question is: Why am I only getting the PM notification from this one member? Why not anyone else who has secretly thanked me?
When I Thank someone do they get a PM notice from me?
I didn't even realize we had this notification option, but if mine is checked it should certainly work with everyone, shouldn't it?

Pac, I get a notice from everyone. Not sure why you would only get it from one person. This is a question for Janet, probably!

hmmm, I wonder if it needs to be over a certain number of characters (words) to get the notice?

I get all mine in my email too. Some don't have any words. Hmm.

Maybe it's just one person thanking you, Pac!

I knew that was going to be brought up :rolleyes:
:D

All this time when I see a Thanks I visit their profile (if it's enabled) to thank them, but since Thanks are kept private for whatever reason it would be nice to reply privately in a PM. I just never realized we got these PM's we can reply to until today, when I took notice because it came from the same person.
And I've logged out and back in and cleared my cookies. That didn't fix it.

There is a member here that whenever they use the Thanks feature I get a PM notification with their Thanks comment and some DC jibber jabber. That is the only member this happens with. If anyone else thanks me I don't know they have unless I happen to be in my CP and look.

In this Thanks PM I happened to notice a link if I wanted the PM notification feature turned off. And sure enough, I followed the link to my details and it had a checkmark next to it.
View attachment 16775

My question is: Why am I only getting the PM notification from this one member? Why not anyone else who has secretly thanked me?
When I Thank someone do they get a PM notice from me?
I didn't even realize we had this notification option, but if mine is checked it should certainly work with everyone, shouldn't it?

I promise I wont send you anymore jibber jabber. BTW, what is jibber jabber? LOL

Some Thank yous don't have any message. I thought you had to add one.

Well apparently I get it from Fi now, too. But it's the first time one of her Thanks have come through in PM form, like Kay's...

Cerise, by DC jibber jabber I meant this:

Note: This is an automated message regarding this post:
Question about Thanks notifications - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated this post that you made. It's contributions like this that make this such a great community.

Comment: EDITED OUT BY ME

Please thank other members for their posts if you find them useful. It's a nice way to let each other know you appreciate their input.

Regards,

Reminder: You can always see who has thanked you for you post by going to your User Control Panel and looking below your subscribed threads.

To disable automated PMs like this from being sent when someone thanks you for your contribution please click here and look for the "Thanks PM Notification" options.

OK, apparently I am getting my PM notifications now, too. I just got yours, too, LP.
I guess now the thing is to see if it stops again. Prior to now like I said, I only got them from Kayelle. I thought maybe something wasn't set right on my end... some kind of filter or something.

Back
Top Bottom